Landslide

Stevie was sitting in her dressing room. It was Friday night. Tomorrow, Sara and Lindsey would come to visit her and stay over the short weekend. The thought of finally seeing them again made her happy and she was willing to push through tonight's show.

The audience had reacted pretty well to her performances so far. The romantic outing of Lindsey and her being back together had driven paparazzis and tabloids absolutely crazy. Everybody kept asking her where he was and if he was with her and how long they had been together. Fans would scream to her on concerts, shouting Lindsey's name and held posters, saying “Finally back together”.

She knew it was only a matter of time until people would calm down but right now, it was pretty exhausting. She was glad to hear that Sara didn't have any problems at school, so far, or got followed by curious paparazzis to get photos and insider stories about Stevie's and Lindsey's private life. Never ever had she imagined that after all this time people would still be interested in her love life.

She sighed and was just about to apply some lipstick as the door of her dressing room crashed open and she found herself in a big hug surrounded by dark, curly hair.

“Sara!”, she shrieked happily and got up to hug her daughter, “what are you doing here? I didn't expect you before tomorrow night!!”

“Lindsey and I caught an earlier flight!”

“Aww, how are you?”

“I'm great, mom! How are you? I cannot wait to see you perform tonight”, she laughed and kissed her mother lovingly.

They hugged over and over again. They had missed each other so badly.

It was only then, when Stevie saw Lindsey standing in the door. He watched them silently with a big smile on his face.

“Linds!”, she screamed enthusiastically, let go of Sara and jumped into his arms.

“I missed you so much!”, she placed kisses all over his face and wrapped arms and legs around him. He held her in his arms and laughed happily.

“Just like teenagers..”, Sara teased and disappeared down the corridor to look after Lori.

“I can't believe you're actually here!”, Stevie said and looked at him.

“I missed you, Steph!”, he responded and buried his face in the curve of her neck. She smelled so good.

“I couldn't wait till tomorrow, so I picked Sara up at school and we drove to the airport to catch an earlier flight.”

“Best idea you've ever had!”, she smiled down at him, took his face between her hands and met him in a soft, warm, wet kiss.

“Gosh, I'm so happy, right now!”, she squeezed and twirled around when he let her down again.

This was the Stevie he had fallen in love with a long, long time ago, he thought and watched her lovingly.

“You look beautiful tonight, Steph!”, he said as she stood in front of the mirror and finally applied her lipstick. She smiled at him shyly.

“Jesus, I can still make you blush!”, he laughed and wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing her neck and shoulders fondly.

“You always will...”, she whispered and kissed him again.

Having him here with her felt so good. She had missed his kisses, his touch so much, his hands in her hair and all over her body. No one else could ever make her feel like that.

“Will you watch me tonight?”, she asked and looked up to him with her big, brown chocolate eyes.

“Of course, I will!”, he kissed her on her nose.

It was time to get on stage and she was as nervous as always. Lindsey and Sara stood by her side and hugged her one last time, wishing her all the best of luck. Lindsey kissed her softly.

“You'll be amazing, tonight!”, he whispered

“I'm so nervous!”, she said.

“Sing for me, Steph. Only for me.”

Sara and Lindsey had went to some VIP seats and sat down. Only a few more minutes left.

Suddenly, the lights went down and the intro to “Outside the rain” started. The crowd was cheering enthusiastically. Then, Stevie appeared and Lindsey was once more captivated by her light. The way she twirled around the stage.. she was absolutely breathtaking. He fell even deeper in love with her, if that was even possible, and he wanted nothing more than to get to her and kiss her, hold her and tell her how much he loved her.

“Linds?....... Lindsey?!”, Sara nudged him and laughed as he looked quizzically at her.

“What is it?”

“I just said she's really good!”, she said and pointed down at Stevie.

“Yeah.. She is amazing.”, he answered and looked at Stevie like a crazy fool in love.

Sara caught his loving look at her mother. Gosh, this man loves her truly with all he's got, she thought to herself.

“Do they play “Landslide” tonight?”, Lindsey asked suddenly.

“Yeah, I think it's on the setlist. Why do you...?”

“I'll be back, Sara!”, he said, disappeared quickly and went backstage.

Stevie had just finished “Whole lotta trouble”. Now it was time for “Landslide” and she wanted to dedicate this song to Lindsey tonight. She smiled to herself as she thought about it. This truly was their song. She took a sip of water and walked back to her mike.

“Well, this is kind of a ritual by now that I dedicate this next song to someone special.... Today, someone really special is here to watch me perform tonight. Someone who I've loved since I'm 17 years old... I met him at a party, you know. He was playing “California Dreamin'” and well, he looked just so cute back then...”, she giggled and played nervously with the strands on her mike. The crowd applaused.

“Anyway, this is “Landslide” and this is for you, Linds. I love you.”

When she heard the intro begin, she looked at Waddy for timing – but there was no Waddy! There stood Lindsey with Waddy's guitar in his hands.

“I love you, too”, he mouthed at her with tears in his eyes.

She swallowed hard to fight her own tears back and Lindsey had to play the intro twice until she was ready to start singing.

The audience was going absolutely crazy by now. And she couldn't remember a more beautiful moment on stage. This was so perfect.

When his solo began, she walked to him and wrapped his arms around his body. She placed a kiss on the curve of his neck and squeezed him tightly, then went back to her mike to finish the song.

The applause was overwhelming. Both of them stood up there on stage and laughed happily at each other. Lindsey put his arm around her and when she turned her head and their eyes met, he couldn't resist any longer and kissed her.

She was so surprised by his action but didn't flinch. She usually didn't kiss anyone in public. But this was different. This was them. This was how it had always been supposed to be. Her and him. Always.

They smiled at each other sweetly and Lindsey placed another kiss on her hair.

“You've been absolutely amazing, tonight, Steph”, he whispered in her ear and then left the stage, so she could finish her last four songs.

“I had no idea he was there!”, she explained happily but still surprised to the audience, “I swear, I had no idea! What a surprise! Thank you, Lindsey.”