It's been so long since I've been held..

The next morning, she woke up, quite disoriented she looked around - she was in a hotel room, as always. She then felt his warm breath on her shoulder, his naked body pressed against hers, his arm wrapped around her waist, their fingers still intertwined rested on her belly.

How could he even sleep like that, she asked herself, smiling as she carefully turned her head around and looked into his sleepy face. Slowly, she moved out of his embrace, trying hard not to wake him up, and made her way into the bathroom, her body still aching from their intense love-making. She sat down on the toilet and felt a satisfying pain between her legs as she relieved herself.

Their passionate fire had burnt until the early morning hours, until their lips were sore, arms and legs tired and their owners completely exhausted.

She got up and moved in front of the mirror, looking at her nude reflection she saw a smile on her face. She didn't even notice she had been smiling the whole time. After cleaning her hands and washing her face with some cold water, she went back to bed, cuddling up in his arms. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so unbelievably safe. Nothing in the world could harm her, now. He was with her.

She had fallen back to sleep as she was still exhausted from their night activities, when she felt a tingling sensation in her ear. Her little hand reached up to fight the troublemaker but she couldn't find one.

He watched her sleepy, weak effort, smiling like a fool in love as he blew once again softly into her ear. She opened her eyes and looked right into his piercing blue ones.

"Hey..", he whispered.

"Hi."

They watched each other closely. Was it real?!

"Slept well?"

"Very well.", she responded with a wink, "And you?"

"Better than in years.", he answered smilingly and kissed her forehead.

"Do we need to go anywhere, today?", she asked him and looked confusedly around.

"No. We have a day off and play here tomorrow night again."

"Good.", she lay her head back down on his chest and stroked lovingly his arm with her fingertips, "Let's just stay in bed the rest of the day.", she suggested.

"I'd love that.", he responded and tightened his grip around her.

Silently, they remained like that for awhile.

"It's been so long since I've been held.", she suddenly whispered.

"Really? I could hold you for days...", he responded and kissed her forehead.

They spent their time in bed until the next morning came, watching TV, cuddling, talking, laughing and making love. This time with him it was so different than before. She felt like as if he could see right through her soul, when he made love to her, with his eyes especially.

"I don't want this night to end!", he said quietly, lying in her arms while she absently played with his hair.

It was only a few more hours until they had to get up and go back to work, getting on stage and performing in front of 16,000 people.

"I fear as soon as we walk out of this room things are going to change..", he added. She said nothing.

"I don't want this to end, Steph, you know? I've wanted you for so very long."

He looked up into her eyes and saw some silent tears running down her cheeks.

"Don't cry, Steph, please don't." He kissed her tears away and took her face between his hands, "Promise me, that you won't run away this time. That you give this a chance, give us a chance. Can you do that? Can you promise me that, Steph?"

His beautiful blue eyes looked so intense. She could see endless oceans in them, so wide...

"Steph, please..", he begged.

She nodded.