9. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧?

Kayla's POV

"And all we hear is Bam ! Bam! Bam! Knocking paint off the wall from the inside"
I heard JJ say when I walked back to the front porch after fetching a beer for John B and myself. "First off look at this shit" he says dusting his hair, trying to show us paint. Which I failed to see. "that's dandruff" Kiara looked disgusted as I smiled taking a sip of my beer and somehow admiring the boy.

"At that point I was just waiting for death" he said coming towards me. I dusted his hair when he came stood next to me and flashed him a smile.

Pope asked JJ questions when I noticed John B stare at the compass which belonged to his father. "you okay?" I asked him. "The office" he replied looking up really fast confusing me and the rest."What?" Pope asked him. "My dad. My dad's office.He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research." He ran towards it.

"We used to laugh at him like he was gonna find it. But now that he's gone, I've just kinda... I just left it as he kept it" he continued. He had hope and to be honest so did I, I have a feeling that Big John is still out there.

He took this board with a couple of old pictures and began explaining. "Here, look. This is the original owner, right here.
Okay. Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920."

"There's the lucky compass, right there." I said as We all looked at the picture of the old man with a compass.

"Actually, um... he was shot after he bought it." John B said, tragedy.

"Then the compass was shipped back to Henry. He was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass.
After he died, the compass was given to Stephen. Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam."

"Okay yeah that's totally not creepy" I said kinda freaked out by this thing. "Lemme guess he died in action?" JJ asked John B.
"Sort of. Actually he was killed by a banana truck...uhh in the country"

"Dumb ways to die" I said remembering a game I used to play when I was a kid.

"Anyways, it was then passed on to my dad" John B continued.

"Sounds like there is a reoccurring theme here" "you have a death compass" Pope and JJ said pretty freaked out.

Well,the two obviously tried there best to get John B to believe them they didnt want him to get hurt.

He opened the back of the compass "soldiers used to hide secret notes here" I moved closer to my best friend who was holding the compass.

JJ took it to his hand "can I see it, RED..ROUT" he said trying to figure out what it said.

I moved from behind him, kept my chin on his shoulder and said "it says Redfield" "right" he was pretty embarrassed which made me chuckle.

I was thinking about what it could mean, while the others were searching for anagrams related to REDFIELD.

Until Kiara pointed out this black jeep coming toward the Chateau. "Guys somebody is here" It was the creepy guys who had been at miss lana's house, the same ones who shot at us.

Obviously me being me started panicking, anyone would in that situation. "where's the gun" oh cmon out of all the times ever JJ didnt have a gun when we needed it.

"Its....its on the porch" he said trying to go out and get it. John B held my hand knowing how scared I get.

JJ ran out to get the gun when I was just about to scream at him for doing such a stupid thing, John B pulled him back in and stood near the door.

And then we heard them walk right in screaming for John B.

Authors note:

Its been awhile, I'm so sorry.
It's also a short and not very interesting chapter but It gets better.
Thanks for reading this far!🥰