15. 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

Don't ask me why there is a picture of kai parker. He is just *chef's kiss*

"You guys gonna deliver the groceries to figure eight?" I asked JJ and Pope who were carrying some bags heyward was giving them.
"Yessir, wanna join?" JJ said pulling me by the hand not exactly giving me a choice "yeah sure I guess" I laughed.

"I promised delivery by this afternoon.
Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of...oh JJ thank you" Heyward said handing some groceries to JJ who was standing there with his arms wide open with the cutest smile plastered on his face.

We split, JJ and I on one side and Pope on the other. "So princess we didn't exactly talk about what happened that day" JJ said since we finally got some time alone since then.

"I mean, what's there to talk about" I said walking upto a doorstep handing over the groceries. "Uh ok, do you wanna grab something and go somewhere" he said scratching the back of his neck. "Are you asking me out on a date?" I looked at him smiling widely.

"Ehh" he replied and I laughed. "You cant exactly say no to this pretty face right?" He said. "Ooh yuh,totally." I said in a sarcastic tone, moving closer to him. When I realized I delivered the groceries to the wrong house. "Shit!" I panicked.

"What! What happened"

"I got little too distracted with your pretty face, I had messed up the orders" I said trying to figure out which one goes where.

JJ started laughing his ass off. "JJ it's not funny help me out" I said checking the orders again. "don't worry Kayla, I'll fix it" he laughed. "What do you mean you will fix it, I just gave that woman something she didn't even order."

"I mean, when you went to the other house I realized it before you did and I went and fixed it" he laughed coming next to me and holding my head in his hands "now how bout we go back and get ready for that date" I looked up at him and smiled "I guess I cant really say no to that pretty face"

Third person POV

"Pope, when I say count me in on these grocery deliveries, I mean it" JJ said running towards pope with Kayla following slowly behind. JJ realized Pope was unusually quiet and was sitting without doing anything, not reading a book or fixing something. Nothing.

"Pope you ok?" He asked going closer to pope and seeing bloody scrape marks on his face. "Woah, man what happened to your face dude? Jesus!"

"Why, what's wrong?" Asked Kayla hearing JJ. "Rafe and topper jumped me" Pope replied causing Kayla to forget literally everything for like 3 seconds as soon as she heard his name. Rafe.

Rafe wouldn't do that she thought. "Rafe did that?" She asked just to clarify what she heard. "Yeah" he said plainly. Kayla went and examined the wounds and they had hit hard. She was really pissed, she thought rafe had changed but he was the same old messed up Rafe but she wasn't the type to take revenge. "this is war" JJ said. She walked off to the chateau hung out with John B for awhile, she needed to do something else so her mind wont get stuck on this.

She didnt want to get caught up on something with rafe and JJ in it, it could seriously go wrong and she wouldnt know what to do.

JJ and Pope came later, "you guys saved some waves for us they said running towards the others. "Hey princess raincheck on the date, today wasn't the day" he said kissing her forehead. She smiled, she did agree she couldnt stop thinking of rafe. They surfed the waves for about an hour and decided to go out before it gets too dark. After some time Kayla had given up on thinking of Rafe for now. She thought it was best to forget what happened before it eats her up.

+++++

"You really think it's out there?" Pope asked lying on his hammock. "My father thought it was" John B replied looking at the sky while swinging on the hammock.
"But do you?" Pope asked again.

"After hearing his voice on that tape I think I do"

"We're gonna find it you know, even JJ believes" kiara said pretending to be shocked. "JJ do you really believe" kayla asked the boy who was playing with her hair.

"Totally wait are we talking about 5 mil?" He asked zoning back. "500 mil" kie and Pope said at once. "Jinx" Kiara added.

"I'm going to dream about shipwrecks... and Kayla" he said closing his eyes while Kayla laughed it off. "Better not be some weird ass dream JJ"

"Ooh, you never know" he winked. "Ew" kiara cringed.

"Goodnight Bird"

"Goodnight bird shit"