17. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

John B has been gone for awhile none of us knew where we didnt have any way to contact him and this has happened before so none of us did much about it .

"Pope someone's here to see you" Heyward said while the 4 of us were having a conversation. None of us expected to see who came in. Deputy shoupe.

No. No. No.

"I have a arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Everybody started panicking. Heyward, Kie, JJ all of us. Fuck.

I know how hard Pope has worked on his scholarship and this could not get him there. I cursed myself for not stopping them from doing it that day.

"Woah, shoupe what did he do" Heyward asked walking behind the officer who had cuffed Pope and was taking him toward the car. Pope was in shock, he stood there saying nothing. So was everyone else kiara, JJ and I tried to stop deputy while heyward kept asking questions just as afraid as us.

"be careful, what are you doing?" Kiara said walking behind them. I yelled but they just ignored me. I looked at JJ and held his hand super tight. "What are we going to do?" I mouthed. JJ didn't reply he stood staring at his best friend in cuffs.

".. anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law...You have the right to an attorney" shoupe told pope.

It wasn't real, this couldn't be happening. Everybody was so furious, pope so afraid.

"It wasn't him" JJ whispered. Took me a second to see where he was going but as soon as I realized I didnt even know what to do. "No JJ, no please dont" I started tearing holding him back.

He hugged me super tight kissed my forehead. "I'm okay" he said going toward shoupe.

"It wasn't him!" JJ yelled. I tried to hold back my tears and screams of pain. I know how much JJ has been through. His father would hurt him so much. Everybody looked towards JJ confused but curious.

"It was me. He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit."he laughed with tears in his eyes, a painful smile.

"I can't let you take the blame for somethin' I did. You've got too much to lose." I really love him for all these beautiful qualities he has as a friend, but it hurts to watch this happen.

Pope was shocked, confused. I cant even begin to think what was going on in his head but he knew that the scholarship which he had worked for all his life would be affected by it and went through with what JJ said. Kiara holding me, while I tried to stay normal. Still tears dripping and trying to leave kiaras arms and go stop this.

"For once in my goddamn life I'm telling the truth" it broke me he laughed everytime he finished a sentence a broken laugh with so much pain.

Watching him there. Broke me.

Shoupe put JJ into the car and I tried to go next to him but Pope pulled me back. "It's okay" he mouthed and I looked back at him. I nodded tears breaking through our eyes as the car drove away.

I didn't want to stay there at Heyward's anymore and I ran to figure eight. I ran all the way.

I banged the door of the cameron house knowing that's where topper would be.
Rafe and topper came out. Rafe seeing my expressions knowing something was wrong "kay are you okay?" He asked coming next to me but I pushed him away.

"Why dont you ask topper there, are you happy now topper. Are you partying now since they're suffering huh?!" I yelled at him.

"What are you talking about?" Rafe asked as Topper stayed quietly knowing damn well what I was talking about.

"Why are you quiet now Topper?" I asked him clearly pissed off. "Listen kayla, I didn't want to press charges my mom did okay. I couldnt stop her" he said walking away because he couldn't just stand there and watch me yell at him.

"Yeah that's right walk away. You have the money whenever you do something wrong it's just a couple Bill's that would save you. Those kids, it costs them everything" my voice breaking with tears shedding.

Rafe knowing I wasn't in a good place, even though I pushed him away came closer and hugged me super tight. I tried pushing away but I wasnt nearly strong enough so I gave up. I cried into his t-shirt as he calmed me down. His hands shielding me stroking my hair.

"I'm not a fan of those pogues, but they are going to be okay and I know it. They have you. They are gonna get through this okay" he said kissing the top of my head which was buried in his chest.

"Its going to be just fine Kay" he said rubbing my back as I broke in his arms. "I keep losing everyone Rafe I'm scared."

"I'm always going to be here okay, I'm never leaving"