32. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧

Kayla's POV

"where's John B? I've got my interview tomorrow. we need to finish this" Pope said.

"speak of the devil" JJ said causing me to turn around and face John B looking angry and sad, I couldn't tell exactly a mix of emotions.

"Hey?" "dude" everyone was talking to him but he didn't reply. "what's going on?" Kie asked, we followed him into the chateau.

"Hey John B?" I asked and he still didn't reply he was throwing everything around and searching for something

He took the gun to his hands and all of our eyes widened. "what do you need the gun for?" Kiara asked for all of us. "talk to us!" JJ yelled and John B ignored and went outside and got onto a bike.

"what the hell are you doing?" I asked him, "ward knows about the Gold and he killed my father" He said leaving us there in absolute shock.

+++++

The others went in search for John B, I stayed at the chateau just incase he shows up back there and also to process the amount of pain it was to know that big John who was like a father to me was murdered.

I was pacing up and down when I heard John B's voice. "pope? Kayla?"

"I'm here" I said running up to him wrapping my hands around him and comforting him, "where are the others?" He asked me pulling away from the hug. "They went to search for you"

"are you okay?" I asked him, he nodded in response and went up to the office, "you believe me right? Ward did it." He said looking at a picture of his father.

"of course I believe you John B" I said sitting next to him. "Sarah didn't" He added. "John B, Ward is her father. she will believe you but she needs time" he nodded again.

we took big john's Picture and lit a candle next to it. left it to float in the water. That was going to have to be the only ritual-ish thing we did for him. He deserved a proper goodbye.

"goodbye dad" John B said and I kept my head on his shoulder

"goodbye dad" John B said and I kept my head on his shoulder. "It's all going to be okay" I said to comfort my friend. "thank you for being there for me Kayla from the start" John B added.

"always"

I left back to my house and gave John B some space, like he needed.

I saw wheezie out my house. "what are you doing here?" I asked her. "wont your parents be mad you're out so late" I asked her.

"I came to check on Rafe, and no my dad has chosen his favorite daughter he doesn't care about me"

"Rafe's in his room I think." I took her to the Guest room where rafe was. I let them speak for awhile and I came in to give wheezie a coffee I made for her assuming she wanted one.

"according to rose it's for business" I heard wheezie say. I walked in and saw a super tensed Rafe "I....I know about, like.... a billion more times business than she does." Rafe said. "Hey Rafe calm down" I said.

"we're the black sheep"

"baaaa!" wheezie imitated sheep annoying Rafe "shut up!" he yelled at her she and I both getting scared. "Rafe what the fuck!" I said taking Wheezie out of there.

"why is he so angry?" I asked wheezie coming out of his room, "it's probably cause it's been forever since he was on drugs, you should probably help him" She said.

"I've got to go Kayla" she walked out of the house. "Wait I'll drop you home." I said to her. Wouldnt be right sending her alone. "Its not that far I can do it by myself" she replied leaving the house. So I decided to go check on Rafe.

"hey you okay?" I asked him, "no..no....I'm sorry Kayla...I need, I need something. A joint even...something, please" He said pacing up and down.

"no! you've come this far Rafe please don't give up" I said walking up to him and looking him in the eye. "My dad hates me, he only cares about Sarah little miss perfect"

I didn't really know what to do in the situation I just gave him a hug and he hugged back, "why am i such a disappointment to my family" he sobbed onto my shoulder. "you are anything but a disappointment Rafe."

"it's going to be okay"

"I cant deal with my father anymore I cant" he cried. Hugging me tighter, his tears falling on my back.

"Why does he not love me like he loves Sarah" he kept crying and I didnt really know the answers to any of it.

"Your father isnt a good man Rafe, dont blame it in yourself."I said letting him break down in my arms.

Ward killed big john. I hate him just as much as Rafe probably does.

+++++

"so the Gold is gone? great" I said fiddling with my fingers and lying my back on JJ's chest, when we saw Pope run here all sweaty. "how was the interview?" JJ asked.

"don't even ask" he replied taking a breath after running all the way here.

"soo, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview thinking to myself"

"Hm. What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" Pope said all at once.

"gold" JJ said looking at him with Big eyes.

"yes exactly!"

"then lets go steal that shit back."

(who wants a huge plot twist where John B ends up with Kayla oop-)