16.𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Kayla left the cameron house the night before going back home. "Where have you been?" Grams asked her. "I was at the cameron's. Isn't that better than being in the cut. well guess what? JJ and I are over which means y'all won" Kayla said going up to her room knowing that tomorrow morning at school she would meet the pogues again and she didn't know what to do.

She woke up throwing on a cute outfit and taking a deep breath not knowing how today's events would take place. 

(Kayla's outfit)

(Kayla's outfit)

Rafie
I'm outside, got nothing to do

she read the text while walking down the stairs, "Kayla, Have some breakfast" Grams started from the kitchen. Kayla went up to her "Sorry for yelling last night grams" She said filling her mouth with a muffin and kissing her grandmother goodbye. They saw Rafe in a car parked outside and as you have probably noticed before they really approved of him more than JJ. Safe to say never judge a book my it's cover now. 

"Hey" Kayla said bending down as the shutter was opened. "Hop in" He said, "Some of us still go to school Rafe" She said getting in the car anyway. "Ah, I forgot that you're so tiny" He said covering her whole face with one hand. "stop it" She laughed. "I'll drop you" He said driving towards the school. 

To her luck the same time they went in the twinkie followed behind with JJ half asleep and crashing his face to the front seat as soon as it parked. Rafe saw her looking at him and got out of the vehicle opening the door for her, "Milady" He said. "Thank you" she said smiling as JJ watched from a distance so angry and annoyed that he gave her up but not wanting to say anything to get her back either. 

They walked in the class Kayla trading seats with someone else so that she was away from JJ but she saw Kiara and smiled, Despite assuming JJ liked her Kie was her bestfriend and nothing was going to break that, for now atleast.

"So are you full Kook now" Kiara asked her, "Is that even a question really, I was always a pogue kie

"So are you full Kook now" Kiara asked her, "Is that even a question really, I was always a pogue kie. some people just find that hard to believe" She said looking at JJ but then Kie again smiling. "What happened between you two, y'all were inseparable" "I don't know, maybe we moved too fast or something" 

After a few classes, Their history teacher called the three boys in for something about Denmark Tanny. Kiara and Kayla took a walk outside school. "Well my parents disowned me" Kiara snarked, "What?" Kayla shocked but knew it was bound to happen to one of them. half-kook half-pogue wasn't an easy task. "You can crash with me whenever you want" She  told her. 

"you going to the bonfire tonight?" Kie asked hopefully, "Probably not" Kiara was still confused to why or how exactly the two broke up and asked her once again. "Hey, what exactly happened." She asked and Kayla knew what she was talking about. She sighed and started "I..thought i should've gone and helped Rafe since his father died. we fought about it alot" She didn't want to give too much details knowing Kie's name was mentioned in their fights too. "Somehow he gave me an ultimatum, him or helping Rafe. I literally told him everything I could but he didn't change his mind. so i chose" She said looking up at her friend who was feeling her pain through her voice tone itself. 

She didn't say anything but Just stopped walking and hugged her tight. "I love you Kie" Kayla smiled at her friend, "I know you do" Kiara replied making Kayla chuckle. 

+++++

"You going to the bonfire tonight?" Kayla said walking into the cameron house after going back home to see her grandparents for awhile. There rafe was sitting there with his head laying on the table.
"I can't" He said closing his eyes tight as if he was really stressed out after suddenly being given so much responsibility. Kayla pulled a chair next to him and sat down. "Just for a little?" She said hoping that could get his mind off everything. He looked up and admired the girl sitting infront of him.

"Okay just a little" he said getting up and carrying kayla, "put me down Rafe" she said as he threw her over his shoulder. "No" He said taking her outside "You're gonna drop me" She said and he rolled his eyes. "Stop underestimating me" He said slowly keeping her down infront of his bike as he climbed on with her sitting right behind him playfully rolling her eyes too.

They drove off to the spot of the bonfire. Kooks, Pogues, Tourons. All of them were there. Kayla was slightly felt down as she knew that she would probably see JJ there. She missed him alot. Rafe went to the spot where the beers were, talking to a few kooks, not topper though who happened to come with Sarah.

"What are you doing with my brother? how is JJ okay with that?" She asked arching her brows. "What are you doing with topper? How is John B okay with that?" Kayla snarked right back. Sarah looked behind at John B, who was talking to another girl, and then back at Kayla. "We're not together anymore" She said taking a sip of her mai tai. "I'm sorry" kayla said sympathetically knowing the feeling.

"JJ?" She asked again. "Ironic how it happens to us at the same time" Kayla said hinting that she and JJ were done too. She looked around for him and saw him grabbing a beer from a cooler, looking all cute and she wanted to run up to him so bad but she shook her thoughts and went to Rafe who just finished talking to a few people.

"You can't force me to come somewhere and then leave me like that kay" He said cracking a beer can gulping the whole thing at once. "Woah calm down sailor" Kayla laughed. Not noticing JJ who was looking at her from down and clenching his jaw. If he got the chance to break Rafe's face right now, he would've. It hurt him that she smiled when she was with Rafe, he wanted to be the person to make her smile. He didn't realize what a treasure he lost until he gave it up.

"I don't believe Rose" Rafe said looking at the fire, his eyes with no emotion at all. "Believe her?" Kayla asked confused. "She's lying to me" He said again. Kayla didn't know what he was talking about but she knew that his mind was still stuck on all the things he was stressing out about. So she attempted to help him forget. "Wanna dance?" She asked standing up and he looked at her, her and her cheeky smile that he once fell in love with.

He stood up taking her hand and turning her around as she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck and swayed. She looked up at his as his hair fell down the sides of his forehead. A small smirk playing on his lips.

He wanted to make a move so bad.