14. 𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈

"Pope, were not stealing the drone, we're borrowing it" John B said. I was sitting next to JJ, lying my head on his shoulder.

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality, so which is it fantasy or reality?"

While the others gave their answers it made me think what is my fantasy, a life with JJ, a couple kids. A happy family. Our friends coming over to visit the little ones. Surfing day and night.

Or

is it life with Rafe and a endless adventure, travel and what not.

I felt closer to JJ I felt like life with JJ was a reality and life with Rafe was a fantasy but possible reality.

+++++

Kiara and I got off ready to distract the guard so the boys could get in and get the drone. "Hey kie, after this is all done I really need to talk to you about something" I told her.

I felt like talking my problem out would help me come up with a decision and Kie was the best person to talk to. "Yeah let's talk at the wreck tonight, you can stay over. Let's have a girls night" she said smiling. Just like old times.

Third Person POV

The three boys were hiding while the two girls went to do their part. "How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asked John B. John B had told him that Kie had turned him down and JJ found it so funny. "I honestly didn't think you would listen to me? I was 100% sure she was into you"

"JJ, I try it out with Kie and you with Kayla. So how'd that work out. I can see it , You guys confess your love for eachother and the whole of OBX comes to your wedding." John B joked and JJ smiled thinking about what happened between them.

"Bro you blushing? JJ what happened" while the two were gonna discuss the events, all Pope could think of was how Kie had rejected both JJ and John B and that there might be hope for him and her after all.

Just before JJ could say anything "go, go, go, go" they saw the gate open and ran in before it closed.

kayla's POV

Well, the plan didn't go as planned. A watch dog caught them and JJ came up with an excuse about his father. I've heard that his father abused him but seeing him fake cry still made me think how much he has had to go through.

We were at the wreck and Kiara somehow convinced her father to let us have some food from the Wreck, I anyways had a shift there so while the others were talking it out, I did my job.

It was getting late and one by one the customers left. "hey Kayla, I appreciate you working this hard but you can go have fun with your friends. I'm going to leave now so after ya'll are done close the place up." Mr. Carerra was a really nice man, but didn't really like kiara hanging with the pogues because they often got into alot of trouble.

Some music was playing on the speakers while kiara started dancing with John B, Pope was watching her with a small hint of jealousy, I could tell. "Pope, don't wait for her to come to you, you should have some guts and go upto her" he kinda freaked out pretending he didnt know what on earth I was saying.

"wh- what are you tal- talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about Pope" and then came JJ, "cmon princess we gonna dance battle John B and Kiara." He said turning me around and pulling me into his arms.

We had a nice time with the guys, I went back to Kiara's place after cleaning up the wreck

We had a nice time with the guys, I went back to Kiara's place after cleaning up the wreck. It had been awhile since we had another girls night.

"John B kissed you!" I screamed. " No no, JJ kissed you and you didnt tell me as soon as it happened. My OTP!" She laughed. "So what else did you have to tell me? it sounded serious" she asked. "It is I guess, so I went to meet rafe- "

"You what! No you didnt." she cut me off.

"Listen, he apologized and said he realized his mistakes. I wanna help him change, to be a better person but I'm scared that I would fall for him again. Plus, I haven't told the guys that I ever dated him because I don't know how to tell them, like what's if they start a war. " I went on and on and on.

"Kayla listen, If you and Rafe are meant to be it will happen, but if you truly think JJ is better then just be with JJ. Dont lead the two of them on. Also, you better tell the guys about Rafe soon. They've been with you through everything they will understand. Let them know before someone else does. I feel like if you first solve that, you will know what to do next."

"Ugh, since when did you become so good with the advice" I said to her.

"Since the day I knew you were too dumb to make normal decisions and you needed some smartass like me to help you" she laughed.

"Touche"