10. 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐉𝐉 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

Kayla's POV

We somehow were able to leave the office. I wasn't the only one who was afraid that it would be our last time on this earth. Trust me if you were there you would've felt it.

We hid with the roosters and chicken I wanted to run as far away as possible but I guess that wasn't a smart thing to do.

"Do something Pope shut him up" Kie said afraid that the roosters crowing would get us caught. "what do you want me to do pet it!" Pope whispered angrily.

Afraid of what would happen next I held JJ's hand tight while closing my eyes. Tears dripping down the corner of my face. The rooster still yelling JJ soon pulled it and held the crook of its neck so tight. I shut my eyes tight not wanting to make any noise or ser anything i didn't want to see.

The rooster was quiet which made me realize the only reason it was, was because it was dead.

It took us awhile and a dead rooster to get out of there. We didn't get caught. So kudos to us! Obviously what we were doing right now was trying to find out what big John meant by 'redfield'. It could be anything anyone.

Third person POV

"My Dad is trying to give me a message" John B said to the others. Who didn't believe him "if it helps you believe John B" kiara said sympathetically.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? Look, I'm not trippin' out.
It's okay to trip, bro, but... Look, my... my dad is missing, okay? Missing.
You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened." He rushed all at once.

none of them have gone through this before. They stayed quiet, they didn't know what to say afraid that what comes out of their mouths might be offending since they didn't exactly believe big john was still there.

"Redfield light house, that's my dad's favorite place" John B said excitedly, he finally found it he thought. 

"Your gonna post up and look for bogeys okay" John B said to JJ

"Wait why me?!" JJ asked annoyingly.

Pope laughed at JJ and John B decided to keep the two of them together. Kayla knew how much JJ wanted to he in om the fun but they were guaranteed that he was going to do something stupid.

Kayla's POV

Yes, I went with John B and Kiara and now I kind of regret it because, I feel like a 3rd wheeler. We climbed up some stairs and knocked the door, "is anybody home?" John B asked.

An old man opened the door, "the lighthouse is closed" he replied. We didn't know what to do for a second until John B broke the silence "we're here for the...uh... Royal merchant"

The man showed a sudden change of emotion. He took us to show us something the lighthouse was pretty affected by the storm.

Forgive me for zoning out while the old man was telling John B and Kiara something, I was just thinking about Rafe. Yes you heard that right.

"Its says redfield in the back in my dad's handwriting, I was hoping there was something here" the old guys face expression changed he was about to call someone I could feel it, like a spidey sense.

"John B stop, we should go" I told him, and him being himself didn't listen. He kept asking more and more questions and I was in the edge of the stair case ready to go. "I've got 3 kids on drugs up here, call the police" the man yelled.

I was scared and my basic instinct was to run, not that I'm a bad friend and left the others behind I heard them running behind me anyway.

"Help! I've been assaulted" he yelled louder.

Police en route

JJ and Pope were standing outside and started the van as soon as they heard the police, I ran as fast as I could and JJ held his hand out for me to catch while he pulled me in and started driving off.

Just when this couldn't get worse I cut my leg in that jump I took and it's a pretty big wound.

"Seriously?" I heard kiara scream, we left them behind. "Pope wait what about them?" I asked.

"They'll figure it out princess, we need to help you. It's a pretty big cut" JJ said taking a look at the open flesh on my leg.

 It's a pretty big cut" JJ said taking a look at the open flesh on my leg

"Is she bleeding? Please don't tell me she's bleeding. JJ ok, I shouldn't have driven i-"
"Pope shut up!" JJ cut him off as he examined the cut.

 "I'm fine pope" I said looking at JJ with a 'stop making him panic' look.

+++++

So we arrived at the back of Heyward's.
JJ tied a piece of cloth around my leg to stop the bleeding. Pope went inside to talk to his mother, I'm pretty sure he was getting busted for something.

"Stay here Kayla, I'll get a first aid kit" JJ said I smiled and slowly walked up to the dock. It was kind of funny to see JJ work so seriously. I sat by the dock when I saw JJ come. He put the box down taking some bandages and rubbing alcohol out. "Show me." He said.

"hm what?" I asked suddenly been stopped from my thoughts and enjoying the nature at the sunset near the water. "Show me the wound princess" he laughed.

I removed the piece of cloth when he slowly put some alcohol on it without warning. "Ahhh" I flinched. "Woah, I thought you were like super strong" he said still cleaning the wound but with a small smile on his face as he spoke.

"It hurts more than it looks like JJ" I told him. "yeah, I know and I think you're being super brave cause if it was John B he would've probably punched me about 5 times now" his smile became wider with a small chuckle leaving his lips. 

that smile.

"Thank you JJ" I looked up at him

"Anything for you Kayla"

I slowly stood up, with JJ's help. " you would be a good nurse" I joked. 

"Oh you wish, I bet you'd hurt yourself on purpose just so I'd come to help you" he winked.

"Not gonna lie but I might" I said biting my lip with a wide smile. He slowly moved a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Third person POV

Kayla looked at JJ and all she could think of is what it would be like to kiss him. JJ on the other hand was thinking of making his first move.

You guys saw drew starkey in the devil all the time? I didn't know he was in it and I died when I saw him.