2. 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚'𝐬 𝐚 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

KAYLA'S POV

"those aren't surfable waves bro"

"says who"

 Living on the edge because we're going to die one day anyway. The Pogues would surf any wave that came their way for example this so called unsurfable wave that just headed their way. Like I said best part about being a pogue is no one is gonna stop you, it can be good and bad but let's be positive. JJ removed his t-shirt taking his surf board and ran into the water while i followed behind.

I kinda have a thing for him, I think. I'm not exactly sure what to do about it, he is one of my best friends what if we do become something and it messes our friendship or what if he just sees me as a good friend and nothing more. Yeah I've seen the cliché movies and it might end up well but..

"you liking what you see" JJ said breaking my thoughts. "I've seen better" I replied rolling my eyes. "you wish Kayla, you wish" he chuckled making his way to the chateau. Agatha was on her way and it was gonna be one stormy night.

third person POV

"yo! JJ you been outside" John B asked making his way out of the chateau to see the damage storm had done. "I have polio bro i cant walk" JJ replied drool on the edge of his mouth after falling asleep during the whole storm and the thunder never woke him. A deep sleeper clearly. thunder was rumbling in a distance Agatha had done a hell of a lot of damage but thankfully no one was harmed, none of whom they knew at least.

Kayla spent the night in figure eight where she lived with her grandparents and she came to see the guys as soon as she could to make sure they were safe. John B knew Kayla liked JJ, he knew everything about her. Not in a creepy way of course. He was her brother, her best friend since they were kids.

"you guys okay?" Kayla was genuinely concerned about these boys, they meant everything to her "no, Kayla. JJ has polio" "Yeah Kayla I have polio, help me!" JJ yelled from the couch. Kayla rolled her eyes smiling. Finally JJ had the energy to stand up and go outside to where John B stood "Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ said breaking john B's thoughts "yeah, yeah she did"

Kayla was cleaning the inside of the chateau or at least she was trying to, while the boys were discussing the days plan. A day after a hurricane always gotta be fun.

"Hi, miss Amy. You guys get through it?" JJ screamed from the moving boat. "still here" miss Amy replied. "she looked at me" JJ said acting as if the world revolves around him.

"I saw that" john B said, Kayla scrunched her eyes at their childish behavior. "somebody's jelly" JJ said in a sing song voice. "Of you? definitely not" Kayla laughed. "Fiesty I like it" JJ winked.

They were best friends but that didn't mean they didn't occasionally flirt with each other. which sort of showed how the other pogues knew the two of them had 'things' for each other

JJ always thought Kayla was hot, but he knew that there was the 'no pogue on pogue macking' rule. Even though he didn't really care about the rule, he thought Kayla would never like a pogue as dirty as him and used that as an excuse. She was pretty, caring, so selfless and she would always make everything so much more fun. "Hurricane surge, we will be cleaning this all summer" none of them could imagine their entire summer to be only cleaning this mess the storm made.

 "That's my worst nightmare, but Kayla here will prolly be with the kooks while we do it all by ourselves" john B said turning his head towards Kayla who was looking at the little children running on the dock. She turned back to look at her friends. "I would never leave you guys, and y'all know it" which was true, even though she was half kook and was pretty rich she would never leave them behind.

Kayla's POV

"we have a safety meeting attendance mandatory" john B said mimicking static "i can't, my pops got me on lockdown" Heyward should've known better Pope will always choose pogues over anything.

"your dads a pussy, over." I shook my head at JJ's comment, his personality was the best thing about him and somehow everything he said made the pogues laugh. "I heard that you little bastard" Heyward wasn't a big fan of pope's choice of friends except for me, my parents helped heyward with anything he needed. "Mr.Heyward... hey we were wondering if we could borrow your son for a little while" I said before JJ could say something stupid and lose our chances of getting pope to join us.

"no can do kayla honey, he has work to get done" before i could say anything JJ cut me off saying "island rules, day after a hurricane is a free day"

"yeah, who made that" heyward asked looking pissed. "pentagon i think, i have a card"

Somehow, shockingly we were able to get pope JJ's way, upsetting Mr. Heyward. Kie joined us as well. bringing us some snacks from 'The wreck' they probably didn't close cause it's like the one place everyone in OBX goes to. "The Wreck. shiiit, my shift was up today. You guys I have to go" I said getting john B to drop me off. "Bye kayla, I'll let you know what happens, If anything interesting even happens" I chuckled. "Thanks kie"

"She will be giving you updates on how hot I was looking today" JJ yelled when I was leaving. "Get over yourself JJ" I yelled while running away before I got late for my shift.

+++++

It's not that I don't have money I just want to earn money for myself and not use my grandparent's money. I was tying the apron over my tank top and denim shorts when an all too familiar voice spoke "hey...Kay"

Rafe Cameron

authors note:

If anyone wants to hop onto season 2, there is a chapter named season two with a summary so, go ahead:) cause my writing style gets better around then.