10. 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

Kayla was asleep in the vehicle as her cousin and boyfriend spoke about what happened. Sitting in a small round table outside the house, flowers and the evening breeze was beautiful but neither of them took the time to enjoy it because they were too taken up by the events that just happened.

"She was screaming before I came into the house, I didn't see anyone else. If there was someone they would've left from the back before I came. You need to tell me bout jj" Thea said and Rafe rolled his eyes at the last sentence. "The two were a thing for like a little while and well she said he died, not that I saw any of it happen besides his body toppled onto a boat" rafe didn't seem to care at all and Thea could tell that he and JJ never got along. "are you sure you didn't hear anyone at all when you ran in" he asked thea, "kayla's yelling was definitely drowning all the surrounding noises so nope" Rafe couldn't help but wonder if it meant the pogues returned too, his sister even?

"how the hell could he get out though" Rafe spoke to himself knowing thea didn't know half of what he did. "how the hell did he get in the house?" Thea added to his question. "i don't know maybe...i left a door open" Rafe began to panic. "So he could be alive" Thea muttered. "Yes, he can and maybe he did find us but I highly doubt he's still following us when we leave which we are going to do right now." He said pushing his chair back and walking towards the car. "I'm not going to wait till he comes back" he smiled proud of his plan, maybe he didn't exactly think it through and JJ was probably following them either way. "And what if he isn't real? What are you gonna do when she throws an episode in front of more people" she said following him and he turned around facing her. "She'll be fine" Rafe said but Thea wasn't going to have his answers anymore. Rafe was not even in his own right mental status let alone taking care of her cousin.

"no she's not going to be just fine you idiot" thea said and rafe made a face when he heard her straight up call him an 'idiot'. He didn't say anything because he knew that everything wasn't suddenly going to be okay. He lost her once to JJ and he wasn't going to let it happen again. "you can't just shove pills down her throat like it's nothing Rafe" her tone still loud. "why do you so suddenly care about her? because from what I saw you guys weren't exactly going to win the 'loveliest cousins' award" he said with an accent and air quotes. Thea rolled her eyes, "let me help" she said toning down her voice, "i am her family" She added walking towards the vehicle. he scoffed.

"wait no! you're not coming with us" He said shocked at the nerve this girl had. "pucker up butter cup" she said slapping him on the chest and jumping into the backseat. "no!" he yelled in annoyance like a child. "what do you mean no!" Thea imitated his whine. "get out of the car thea" He said but the girl stayed put. "I'm not leaving" The girl said tying her hair up and sitting comfortably. "where are we going?" she asked. "you're not going anywhere. Kayla and I are going to a hotel" he said. "a hotel, yes now i'm definitely coming" she spoke. "don't you have anything else to do besides bother us. its creepily convenient that you came exactly when this all happened." he said having a bad feeling about the girl.

"not my fault that i had perfect timing" she rolled her eyes. "dude, you're getting my nerves, and that means I will kill you" He said hoping it will come as threatening as he thought, she stared at him for a second and he assumed it worked. until the girl began to laugh hysterically. Kayla was still in the front seat but thankfully the noise didn't wake her up. "stop it!" he whisper yelled. "make me" she smirked. "what the fuck? kayla is sick and you're still hitting on me" he said rolling his eyes and giving up on trying to stop the girl," you can't blame me for trying" she said checking him out. Rafe was already pretty much narsicisstic but he really didn't care about the girls hopeless attempts to get him to do something.

"why are you such a fucking annoying bitch" he said stepping into the front seat of the vehicle and starting the car. "woooo you kiss your mother with that mouth?" she asked and he replied "nah this mouth just does the works for your cousin." he said smirking. "you got yourself into this thea, don't complain when you get jealous of Kayla and I" he said with a smile on his face beginning to drive to their destination.

But what about JJ, Did he actually leave the island somehow and get saved? and if he did, in order to go back to the obx and find out where Kayla was would've taken him all his time to come here so soon. it had been a couple weeks, yes. but would JJ really give up all the time he could've used to have a break from being in an island just to search for kayla? of course Pope lost the cross to the Cameron's too and maybe the pogues were also on their search together with him. Say it really was JJ, hypothetically. imagine him finally finding kayla and hoping she would run into his arms but only taken aback by her screaming and crying. he wanted to help but no one else could know that he was there explaining why he ran away.

Were the pogues waiting out back for him helping him to escape, or did he do his usual "I'm gonna do it by myself and no on can stop me" scenario. Or was he as suspected just a figment of the girl's imagination. but if he was how would she see something so real and why would it come when she had completely given up on him?

_______________

you guys are probably so frustrated that I'm not saying anything about JJ. It will be further explained in time to come. Go ahead and pull out your inner psychic and assume what you think will happen or don't. idk :)