35. 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 & 𝐉𝐉 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝟐.𝟎

They reached the place where the phantom was, Kiara stayed out waiting for pope to come. Kayla and JJ pulled open the gate and entered and old storeroom. Revealing a boat that looked like it hadn't been touched in ages, "There she be" JJ said looking at his father's boat. "Hey, girl" He said to the boat, "A 1983 Formula 402 SR1, the phantom" He said touching it almost as if he were petting it.

"This is 40 years old Kayls, Forty! the fastest thing kildare has ever seen" 

"It's kind of a junker" Kayla said walking towards it. "really? She's right here Kayla" JJ said in shock that she insulted such a beauty. "Let's hope 'she' runs" Kayla said and JJ wrapped his arms around her waist, "she'll run alright, she is faster than any of the cutters the boys in blue got" He said kissing Kayla's cheek as she came and stood next to him admiring the boat.

"You guys I came to check on y'all i was tired of waiting for pope" Kiara said coming in and looking at the phantom. "How old is that thing" She said referring to the phantom and JJ's blood boiled. "You shouldn't have said that" Kayla warned. "If not for her you won't be smoking weed right now, kie. She is right here!" JJ snapped while Kayla tried to hold her laughter. They heard a motorcycle coming there way, "Pope finally" Kie said before she reached outside all their eyes met non other than Rafe Cameron. 

Kayla moved towards her boyfriend "JJ" she said her voice shaking, "How are you guys doing?" Barry said looking around and laughing like a psychopath. Rafe ignored Kayla's existence. "well..well.. don't think I forgot what you did to me in the side of the road" Barry cocked a gun and looked in JJ's face and JJ lashed at him hitting, punching throwing their arms at each other. The gun flew somewhere else. 

"JJ!" Kayla tried to help JJ and Rafe carried her away. "Let me go you psycho!" Kayla yelled at Rafe and that triggered him his eyes widened, Kie ran up to rafe and tried helping Kayla escape his arms.  "kayla I didnt do it" he whispered in her ear.

"where's John B ?" Rafe yelled, Kiara punched Rafe causing him to release his hold on kayla, "I really wish you didn't do that?" He said holding his bruised face. Kiara confused as what to do next ran to hit Barry and Kayla looked at Rafe.

 she couldn't see him as that boy who she loved or that boy who needed someone who just needed comfort. "I know what you did" She yelled tears dripping from her eyes, "Yeah? what did I do" He said walking closer to her. "You killed peterkin!" She broke and Barry looked at Rafe not knowing this piece of information before.

"I didnt kill her for fucks sake! I shot her on her leg and left with Sarah. The medic was on the way!" He yelled. Barry ignored and started hitting JJ again, "Where's my money?" Kayla turned back to the noise of her boyfriend fighting Barry and tried to run towards him and help him but Rafe didn't let go of her hand. Kie took a pole and hit Barry so hard that he stopped. Pope came and helped kie fight barry and JJ.

JJ walked up to Rafe who was still holding Kayla's arm tight, "Remember what I said I would do if I see rafe again Princess?" JJ said, "You might wanna look the other side" Rafe laughed at JJ but JJ didn't hold back he threw punches one after the other causing Rafe to fall and Pope remembering what Rafe did to him in the golf course once also helped JJ. 

At this point Rafe was bleeding and as much as Kayla didn't like Rafe right now she didn't want him to die, which looked like it was about to happen. She didn't like to see him hurt. "JJ that's enough" Even Kiara knew that pope and JJ were now going out of it, "Guys! Guys!" Kiara stopped. "JJ!" Kayla yelled and JJ threw one last punch. "Stay away from my girl and my friends" He spat and they all left with the phantom.

Kayla taking one last look at the boy with tears falling down her eyes as Rafe sat up wincing and looked at her while wiping the blood with his hand but only spreading it. "I'm sorry" he mouthed as she turned away not looking back but shutting her eyes tight and trying hard to forget him.

They reached the dock where they were supposed to meet John B, their friend hadn't arrived at the time he promised making everyone worry. "where is he?" Kiara paced up and down. When they saw the sherrif's vehicle come this way. "Fuck" Kayla muttered under her breath. 

"no way" JJ laughed seeing John B get out of the vehicle all of them so happy to see there friend safe. "Shoupe let me take it for a spin" John B laughed. "That's believable, I'll buy that" Kiara laughed hugging her friend, all the things they went through seeing their buddy safe was all that mattered then. "Where's sarah?" John B looked around unable to spot his girlfriend. "she's not with you?" 

JJ told John B that they didn't have enough time, so explained to him how he was supposed to escape and what he was supposed to do. John B wasn't as attentive still thinking of why sarah wasn't here but he heard what JJ said and knew what had to be done. "I'm sorry for basically... throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing." John B smiled looking around at his friends, who stuck by him no matter what happened. "we were bound to run off a cliff at some point" JJ said his hand over Kayla's shoulder. 

"at least we did it together" Pope added, "Pogue style" Kayla smiled. "be safe John B" Kayla hugged her best friend, her brother. 

everyone said there goodbyes to John B and as soon as he left, Kiara and Pope made up and to both Kayla's and JJ's surprise Kiara kissed Pope and you could say at this moment they all felt happy that they finally over came two problems at once.

 Shoupe arrived. "Hands up! hands up!" Shoupe yelled and all of them did as warned. "we're too late, he's gone god damnit" Shoupe yelled in anger. "Let me talk to these kids. All right, where the hell is he? Where the hell is he? JJ? I see you're livin' up to your name." He said walking up to each and everyone of them.

"Pope, how about you? This isn't a fucking game! You can do the right thing now! Where'd he go?" Everyone stayed shut not muttering a word or showing any emotion afraid it will sell them off.

They were all taken to the huts where the SBI had come in to help capture John B, They heard the storm raging in and how they found the boat. everyone's heart beat was getting faster every second. John B and Sarah had gone into the storm. Kayla held JJ's hand tight and Kie kept her head on Pope's shoulder. 

when shoupe arrived all four friends stood up to go ask him what had happened. Shoupe facial expressions already told them what was wrong  but they needed to hear it. "we lost them" Shoupe said looking down and not facing the children, 'What do you mean you lost them?" Pope asked confused and angry.

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope" Shoupe looked at pope knowing they were smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. Their friends were gone.

Kiara turned to the other side with her hands on her head. "so they're...dead?" Kayla's voice broke asking the question. "we don't know " He replied and JJ couldn't hold his emotions in. "You drove them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? " He yelled trying to hit shoupe but Kayla held him back. "I'm gonna kill you"

"JJ, stop!" Kayla yelled and JJ turned to her he looked into her eyes and both of them were teary, the one place JJ ever felt comforted was in her arms so he hugged her, he hugged her tight and she hugged him to both of them crying on each other's arms. never wanting to let go.

Kiara's and Pope's parents entered the tent and hugged their children. Both Kayla and JJ didn't have an adult to come for them. So they stayed in each others arms. Until Heyward called them into Pope's family hug and the adults comforted all the children who had lost their best friends.

deep down, they all knew John B was a fighter and that there was no way he was gone. They had the feeling he was still alive.

I guess they'll have to wait to find out.

_________

hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. I guess we need to wait for the 2nd season. Do i continue it as a JJ AND Rafe book or a JJ only book.

Update

It's gonna be both!