20. 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫

Finding the Gold Cross was one thing but they were never able to get it out of the church because of the wasps, which Pope was having an allergic reaction too.

JJ suggested we go to Ricky with kiara and John B helping Pope up they took him into Kayla's grandparents car driving as fast as they could. Reaching Ricky's house while he was watching family feud. JJ started banging on the door. "hey Hey hey Ricky, I know you're mad at me" JJ yelled. "Remember the time you stole my ambulance" Ricky said pissed off.

"Hey Ricky, please help us" Kayla ran up to him as he closed the door on their face. JJ and Kayla ran to the windows banging them as John B, Kie and Sarah were helping Pope. "Ricky!" They yelled. "Open the door" Ricky rolled his eyes once again coming up to stop the commotion "he can't breath" they said and seeing Pope there he opened the door. "Hi, nice to meet you. Sorry" Sarah walked in throwing all the things off a table and leaving Pope to lie there.

Kiara looking at pope and making sure he was alive. Everyone in a hurry telling him what happened and then he ran to search for his kit. Kiara getting angrier by the second afraid of what could happen to Pope. "Go go help him" John B pushed JJ who was told to find it which looked like a duffel bag. "Okay, I got it!" Ricky yelled and everyone waited for him to come up. "What Do we do now?" JJ asked hands on his head. "Nothing, cause you're not a paramedic" He said looking at pope.

"Here's the thing. This is a pediatric dose of epinephrine." All of them knowing the word pediatric was quick to assume it was a kids dose. "Is that enough?" Kayla asked. "He's not a kid!" Kiara screamed. "It is ten times a normal dose. So if… if it doesn't stop his heart, it'll help him, But I gotta use the whole thing, or it won't work. And I'm not going down if he dies" Ricky told them and in the rush JJ answered. "Fine do it! Do it!"

As told he did it and slowly everyone stayed shut waiting for some sort of movement from Pope. Hoping and praying he was fine and suddenly he inhaled deeply. Everyone laughing with relief. He didn't die. "Pope!" Kiara smiled. "That's my boy!" JJ laughed. "It's really hot in here" Pope said removing his flannel. They all ran outside with pope who was so energetic. Sarah asked Ricky if there were any side effects. "He's going to have a rocket up his ass for about half an hour" Ricky said as they all left to get the cross. Ricky was definitely not lying about how much energy Pope would have.

"Uh, Pope you're driving pretty fast" Sarah said and everyone holding tight. Kiara in the front seat and the others at the back squashed up. "You should slow down" Kayla added. "That will definitely delay our arrival to the cross" He said. "Why did we let him drive again?" Kiara asked and then remembered when he threatened to rip our ears off. "I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me but I am moving" Pope said looking at them and not the road. "We couldn't tell" kiara added sarcastically afraid of what will happen. Few more warnings were given to Pope by the pogues but none were listened to.

"Pope look at the road" JJ yelled but by then it was too late as pope lost balance of the car leading him to hit it on an oak tree off the road. Glasses crashing and the airbags releasing. "Is everyone okay?" John B asked and they all coughed getting out. "My grandparents are going to kill me" kayla whined.

But with all the shit going on Pope didn't want want give up now, so they left to the church walking and with all the hope they had. The cross wasn't there. They were so annoyed with the fact that limbrey was the only woman who would've taken it away. Knowing JJ had no choice but to leave it there before they didn't blame him for his horrible hiding spot. Pope began speaking giving them a speech.

About how his ancestor, Denmark Tanny suffered through so much in life and how every single thing was taken away from him by the limbreys. There was no way he was going going let the same thing happen to them now.  "We need a freaking win, guys.  I'm going to get my family's cross. You guys coming? " He said leaving the church. "We now that you put it like that" they joked following behind. "Maybe we should thing about it, pros and cons?" John B said sarcastically. "Pros and cons list!" JJ added. "Hell yeah we're coming" they laughed again in the best mood of going to get what's theirs.

Leaving the church pass the road they came in they were stopped my the sherif. Who had found the broken vehicle that belonged to Kayla's grandparents. "Sheriff I just want to say this is all my fault. I take 100% responsibility" Pope said to shoupe. "You're grandparents reported the vehicle 4hours ago" He said looking at Kayla who stayed quiet. "The keys were missing from the house. I'm taking you home" He said as Kayla didn't fight it and got off.

"Update me on everything please" she smiled sadly leaving the pogues to do all of it themselves. "Kie, you're parents were searching for you too. So I'm gonna have to take you home aswell" Shoupe said asking Kie to leave too. "Hit me up later and make sure I'm still alive" She added before leaving.

Kayla was taken home and she got a good lecture from her grandparents. She expected one the whole ride home anyways. As she sat in her room curious as to what was happening she didn't want to miss out on anything. She wanted to help the pogues too so she soon took her phone out deciding to text JJ. But after typing, she erased it and decided to think about where the cross would be.

The pogues spoke about it in the vehicle, Rafe was the one that helped limbrey through this so Kayla put on some sneakers and a cap and jumped out of her window with a sticky note on her table so that her grandparents won't be too scared.

'Sorry grams i promise this is the last time' it said.

she ran to the Cameron house and slowly jumped over the fence. Hiding behind a tree she heard the truck coming in. Rafe got off of it walking into the house. Kayla slowly went up to the truck. The pogues who had also come to the Cameron house and sent Sarah in to check the truck saw kayla. "Wait is that kayla?" John B asked as the three boys peeked over the wall.

Kayla on the other hand saw Sarah and was relieved to know she was right on time. "Hey sarah" she whispered. Sarah soon looking back and calmed down realising it was only kayla. "What are they doing?" Pope asked as the girls searched for the keys but couldn't find it. "Let's go in" kayla said walking inside as Sarah looked at the boys and whisper yelled "I'm going inside, we'll be fine"

"No no no what the hell are they doing" JJ said. "They'll be fine" John B added. "Atleast you got to kiss you're girl goodbye" JJ sighed in annoyance and slightly scared of what a risk the girls took. "Do the birdcall" Pope suggested. "Caaw cacaw" John B tried to do the so called bird call but clearly failed. "Was that a dying chicken?" JJ looked at John B.

And the boys attempeted to jump over the wall but soon stopped by a old man living down the lane in figure eight. An old man with a gun.