7. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟- 𝐟𝐮- 𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞

"I'm looking at what here?" Rafe said still wearing Kayla's cap from last night and looking at his father after just being revealed the Royal Merchant's treasure

"I'm looking at what here?" Rafe said still wearing Kayla's cap from last night and looking at his father after just being revealed the Royal Merchant's treasure. "half a billion" Ward replied. "Half a billion" Rafe said processing what exactly he heard. "holy shit!" He walked out to the near by balcony removing his cap and yelling to a distance. "whoooo!" He said as his father laughed at the reaction. 

"dad, what? how is this possible, huh?" He asked looking at his father who went closer to him and held his head. "this is what I need to tell you. look at me? look." ward said forcing his son to look at him. "I'm hard on you Rafe, I'm real hard on you alright?" Ward said. "yeah" Rafe replied looking back down as his father lifted his head back up. "That's why you need to hear this, That day on the tarmac. this was what was on the plane."

"you are the only reason we were able to fly that out" His father spoke holding a gold bar in his hand. once again making Rafe think what he did was right, once again breaking what Kayla as fixing. 

as instructed by his father they started moving the gold elsewhere, having absolutely no idea what was up for them in a few moments. he put all the wheat symbolled gold bars in containers and with the help of the security his father had got put them all on a truck and got infront of it with his father.

removing his cap and brushing his hands through his hair, on the way they were interrupted by some local children. "no no guys! get away from the car" ward yelled at the children but they continued as planned. "get out of the way!" Rafe yelled in anger. 

As angry as he was he didn't act on it because he had tolerance when it came to children. He was always able to, or tried to at least control his anger when children are involved. for example Wheezie, and even Ian and Riley.

But soon realizing it was a trap both father and son without waiting for the security escorts decided to leave from a different road. But once again was stopped by two strangers that they didn't know but their apparently dead family member knew all too well.

"Sarah you're alive!" Ward yelled as Terrance held a gun to his head yelling for him to get down.  "i love you baby" He yelled smiling as Sarah looked afraid. "stay back" John B lifted a gun. "Do not talk to her" Cleo yelled in her accent moving closer to ward giving Rafe an opening to shoot John B who was still holding a gun up towards Ward from afar as well. But as soon as he shot for John B, Cleo jumped in taking it to her hand.

But Rafe may have missed John B but not Sarah. "get in! go go hurry!" John B yelled as he ran to the driver's seat of the truck and Sarah soon got in processing what the hell just happened. John B driving off with the Gold and finally Ward's escorts finding their way chasing John B. 

John B soon taking a black cap in the truck and wearing it to cover his face.

+++++

Kayla's POV

(Kaylas outfit)

(Kaylas outfit)

Now just like any other day we were sitting in class and doing our work. I was listening to the teacher attentively knowing when we go home and JJ realizes he didn't pay attention to the class and makes me teach him the entire thing all over again.

I looked right behind me and saw the boy taking his notes very seriously and it made me smile to know that, that boy was mine.

Some man dressed up in a suit walked in asking for Pope. Pope just as confused as us looked at Kiara before going outside. After 2 minutes he walked in very tensed and in a rush. "What was that about?" Kie asked as both JJ and I slightly leaned closer.

Pope took an envelope and turned it to the other side showing us that it was sealed with nothing but the wheat symbol. "What the f- fu- udge" JJ started soon realizing they were still in school premises.

++++

"Seriously Pope, you are driving me insane" Kiara whispered taking a seat in the library near a computer. JJ and I followed behind. "Take a look at this" Pope said giving the envelope to JJ. "Read it" he said. "Out loud" Kie added.

"I can't read cursive" he whispered scratching the back of his neck as Kiara pulled the letter from him and read it.

"Dear Mr. Heyward, I'm reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John B. Routledge. It is a vital importance that you come meet with me in person. At my office 27 King street, Charleston at 8.00pm sharp tonight. Please come alone. Regards, C. Limbrey." Kie finished.

As Kiara, JJ and I were figuring how we were going to get to Charleston by 8.00pm today if they wanted to clear John B's name with the so called "material evidence", Pope searched up the name 'limbrey' "I'm not sure but whoever this Limbrey person is, They might be related to the captain of the Royal merchant." He said showing us the screen.

++++

"They're taking it really well." JJ said sitting in the middle of the truck, Pope near the wheel and Me right in the corner. "They're going to kill us one day" I sighed watching Kie and her parents argue. "Princess did you tell your grams about this?" JJ asked wrapping his hand around my shoulder ad I nodded, they weren't the happiest either.

"How'd you get this Rig? I know your old man didn't let you have it " JJ asked pope as he explained what he did. Everyone's inner pogue really coming out recently. "I think I'm rubbing of on you Pope" JJ smiled. "Lying to your old man, stealing his truck. Kind of sounds familiar" he said as I slowly looked up at him.

Those were never the best memories for him. "All right that's a sore subject, my bad" He said kissing the top of my head seeing my worried look. "Funny JJ, Third wheeling is my favorite thing" Pope repeated what JJ once said to him sarcastically. I couldn't help but laugh.

Kiara and her parents near the staircase looking towards us "oh shit here goes" Kayla said getting out of the vehicle. "Good to see you Mr. & Mrs. Carerra." JJ too getting out of the vehicle and standing next to me with his arms on my shoulders. "Hi, uh, ma'am, sir. I... I promise to have her back at a reasonable hour and safe." He said as they rolled their eyes and kie soon got into the vehicle.

So did JJ, "fuck there is no room for Kayla" he said realizing the front of the truck only had three seats. "I'll hop in the back" I said moving behind and jumping into the behind of the truck. "I'm coming too" JJ said giving Kiara and Pope space in there too.

The two of us sat outside and we could see from the glass Pope and Kiara were having a conversation, both of them laughing. I smiled at the view and looked at JJ who had fixed his eyes on me.

On the fogged up glass his fingers moved writing the words "I love you" i laughed  "Weirdo"

On the fogged up glass his fingers moved writing the words "I love you" i laughed  "Weirdo".  "Hey! I need a I love you back "  he scrunched his eyebrows. "I love you too" I said moving closer to him and pecking his lips. Suddenly hearing a noise of some steam hissing. JJ began to cough getting out the back at the same time Pope opened the door. "you know i have sensitive lungs man"

"Oh c'mon" kiara said. "That's alot of smoke even for your dad's truck" JJ said walking up to the front. "No no no no no" pope said walking in front to take  a look at the mess. He laughed in disbelief "oh my." JJ added. "It's gonna blow up" Kie said causing me to move away from the truck. "No, it's not gonna blow up" JJ said.

"You might wanna reschedule your meeting pope" Kayla said looking at the endless smoke. "My dad's gonna kill me"