3. 𝐌𝐲 𝐞𝐱, 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞

"Hey...kay"

Rafe Cameron

"uhmmm hi, what can i get you?" I said feeling a really awkward tension between us and not looking up from the counter afraid of making eye contact.It's probably the first I've spoken to him alone since our breakup. "Kayla, please are you really going to ignore me forever" he said softly.

"I don't know what to say, Rafe. It's hard for me too just give me some time ok" I said not wanting to create a scene at my place of work. he stared at me for 10 more seconds, nodded and went back to Topper and Kelce who were talking outside.

*FLASHBACK*

"hey Rafe" I said running towards my boyfriend,"hey babe. you made it" he said pecking my lips.

"gross! rules of dating when Rafe has me as a sister and you have me as a best friend, I precisley remember saying no PDA infront of me" Sarah snapped.I chuckled and stepped away from Rafe.

"yeah right, lets hear your thoughts on PDA when topper comes here" i snapped back making Rafe smile. "I don't like Topper okay" Sarah was lying Kie and I would know, we are her best friends.

" that's great to hear, I don't need you stealing my friends" Rafe said crawling his hands around my waist and kissing my cheek. Sarah looked grossed out and it made me laugh "Says the guy that stole my friend first"

"ooooooh, Sarah is jealous" i looked behind to see kie, my other best friend. Its always been kie, Sarah and I in figure eight."Kie" I hugged her."You and Rafe are such couple goals. i see why Sarah would be jealous." "I'm not jealous okay. " we laughed at sarah who looked pissed off.

"hey kay, I'm gonna go hang with Topper and Kelce okay" I nodded.

Rafe walked towards his friends and I couldnt help but hear them.
"bro, you still with that pogue" I heard kelce speak. " kelce, it doesnt matter she's full on kook now. I don't think her pogue buddies even know she hangs with us so much" what topper said was true I loved my pogues but i knew if i told them about Rafe and I it would hurt them alot.

"man, pogue or not. I really like her so will the two of you please not ruin it for me" Rafe snapped.

I smiled to myself.

I knew he was gonna be the one.

but I guess I was wrong.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I miss him.

yeah, that's Rafe, He was my Boyfriend

yeah, that's Rafe, He was my Boyfriend. He was one of the loaded kids, all kooks were rich but he had everything handed to him.

I don't know wether it was bad association or what but he slowly became this ass and was always partying and drinking non-stop and he would have huge bursts of anger and yell at me when he came over reaking of alcohol and I couldnt handle it.

People see Rafe as this really bad guy but he has a good side to him, he cares about others all he needs is someone to care for him and I did, But he kept getting worse and it was hard for me. Very hard.

I was back on the cut when I saw the pogues getting onto the boat.

" yo! kayla you wont believe what happened, so I was gonna show em a party trick and pope here made me fall and then we found this Grady white and t-" JJ went on & on i honestly didn't understand a word he said

"Yeah JJ you're just talking to yourself at this point, slow down" I said. "we found this Grady white and there was a motel key in it so right now we were on our way to the motel" John B added before JJ could.

"nice, I'm always down for a mysterious mission"

JJ whistled " I thought the chateau looked bad"

"this place is a shitshow" john B was right

"motel or meth lab"

"This is what the chateau wouldve looked like if I didnt clean it for you guys" I added. "Thank you for that miss smith" JJ smiled.

"it doesn't look like a place a person with a Grady white would stay" The place was bad and it looked worse because of the storm. it was all messed up dark and dirty. JJ and john B got down, "hey don't let him do anything stupid" pope said pointing at JJ, JJ looked clueless but it was cute. "i'm not making promises"

"uh, be careful" kie said to john B. Making it almost seem like something was going on between them but I hadn't asked her about it nor had she told me, yet.

Third person POV

"just be so careful John B" JJ moaned in a girly voice. "God, you're so weird" John B scoffed. "what was that about"

"i don't know, maybe she wants us to be careful" JJ shook his head at how oblivious john B was "since she heard your being threatened with exile, shes been like, 'ooh be careful Joohnnn beeee' " he said jumping and putting his hands all over john B. "get off" john B pushed JJ's hands away from him.

"give me that john D, already" he said trying to imitate kie, "when are you gonna swoop on that man?"

"bro, you know the rule. no pogue on pogue macking" john B said turning to look at JJ and walking backwards towards the room. "Plus, you're the one always hitting on Kayla" john B said. "of course i'm hitting on her" JJ added.

"they're both super hot, rich chicks slumming with us" John B shook his head, "you need help, like alot of help. like every girl who has a heartbeat you're like uuuhhhh" John B said but stopped when they found the room.

"housekeeping" JJ said in a high pitched voice. "should we try it?" John B asked.

"yeah, no power, no security cameras, no ones gonna know" JJ walked into the room, first thing they did was started looking around trying to find something, anything really. It was a small room two beds and a bag on one bed "check the bag"

"its a jacke-" before he could continue someone opened the door.