11. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

Kayla's eyes slowly fluttered open, it took her awhile to remember the events before she fell asleep but she tried not to think about it. It was late night by now, she could see a few cars on the road and their headlights on. her eyes turned towards the driver of the vehicle. One of rafe's hands on the wheels and the other was stroking his sleeping girlfriends head. "hey" Kayla's voice barely heard as she had just woken up, she had a small smile on her face as she was admiring the boy's soft side. "You're up" he said looking at her at a glance and quickly back at the road. "slept well?" he asked now both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road as Kayla sat up from her curled up position on the seat. 

"I feel better" she said, realizing the boy had been driving for hours on end probably with only a few snacks to fill him up she soon suggested they stop for dinner somewhere around there. "yes food!" Thea said from the back and Kayla jumped in shock and yelled, "holy shit!" her hand on her chest and the other on her head as if she was checking to see if she just died for a second from the shock. "Thea what?" Kayla said looking at the back seat and then at Rafe who seemed guilty and back at her cousin. "why did you bring her?" Kayla asked with a frown on her face and Rafe replied. "she forced herself into it, I couldn't stop her she was being too annoying" Rafe said and kayla raised her eyebrows in shock. "i'm sorry" she laughed, "the Rafe Cameron, couldn't stop this freak named dorothea" Kayla asked in curiosity. Of course Rafe had his reasons as to why he didn't kill Thea on the spot and it was because Thea was right, he wasn't going to save Kayla by just shoving pills into her. 

He wanted to help her and the only other person who knew kayla and was clearly willing to help was thea. "I didn't want to get on the bad side of my girlfriends family" he replied. "oh no you don't have to worry about being on the bad side of my family." Kayla said sitting straight again. "I propose we kick her out of the car right now" Kayla said seriously and Thea's eyes widened, they could hear her crunching on their snacks they'd left on the backseats of the vehicle. 

"isn't that too easy tho? we could drop her somewhere near some forest and let the nature torcher her for us" Rafe looked at Kayla. "you guys are joking right?" Thea laughed awkwardly. "why do y'all hate me again? I mean like killing me is just going to be a liability. I can help y'all" Thea said taking another chip onto her hands. "give me that!" Kayla pulled the packet away from her. "yeah pay for dinner and we will spare your life" Kayla said and Rafe laughed, "that's what I was going to say" Thea furrowed her brows, "y'all are maniacs" she slightly regretted coming on with them but what else was she going to do. The real reason as to why Thea had come in search of her cousin was soon forgotten by both Rafe and Kayla saving Thea from that conversation. 

Rafe parked the car and got off so did Kayla. Rafe put the lock on the car which meant Thea was locked inside, Kayla heard her cousin trying to open the lock. "rafe, don't be rude" Kayla smiled. "Oh now you care?" He laughed. "Guys! open the door" Thea was barely heard outside as she yelled from in the car. Rafe rolled his eyes and unlocked the vehicle and Thea got off she looked annoyed. "Y'all are meant for eachother, demons! literally" Thea said walking next to the two, "You gotta admit that was funny though" Rafe said wrapping his hands around Kayla's shoulder. "It really was" Kayla added and Thea flipped the two off and they began laughing louder. 

As they sat in the diner, Thea went to order the food. Rafe held Kayla's hand. "do you want to talk about what happened" He asked looking into her eyes as he said in front of her. "there isn't really much to talk about" she said looking down and he lifted her head up. Her eyes were  glossier than before even though she tried hiding it. "do you think he's alive or am I just going crazy" She asked him and he could hear the pain in her voice. "you're not crazy Kay" He said his hands still wrapped around hers. "maybe he is alive, but that doesn't matter. you have me" He said but he failed to understand how deep she had loved that boy to find out he is alive was going to make her crazy, that's if she isn't already. She fell into her psychopath ways only because she didn't want to deal with a dead JJ. But if he was alive for real, that meant something else. How was she going to deal with it. She loved her life that she had with Rafe now, She cared about nothing she was so free.