20. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐡

(They look so cute oh em geeee I cant)

Kayla's POV

after the huge drama at midsummers we all sat around a small campfire waiting to hear John B's "good news"

"Hey, guys. So like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asked for all of us.

I sat near JJ just extremely hurt by what I found out about Rafe. all the times he said "i've changed" he was lying through his teeth and I believed him. I don't know if JJ realized something was wrong, because he looked at me "hey Kayla, you okay?" he asked moving back a strand of hair falling into my face. I didn't want him to worry about me and also he doesn't know about Rafe. I was still slightly holding a grudge for when he yelled at me. Eventhough he was going through a lot then.

I know I should tell him I'm just waiting for the right time.

"you ready for this?" john B asked before telling us the whole story of how he found the gold which was in tannyhill all this time.

we all laughed together is shock, we finally did it. well John B did most of it but....just wow. "all we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold" John B continued.

"okay so this might have a small chance of actually being true" pope said looking at the letter Denmark Tanny had written

"okay so this might have a small chance of actually being true" pope said looking at the letter Denmark Tanny had written. JJ just so happy went up to John B and carried him up hugging him tightly and it made me smile.

"woah, fire! fire!" John B said afraid JJ would drop him to the fire near them. all my best friends were having such a happy time. It made me forget about Rafe being an ass, just like always. "so what's the plan?" pope asked. "Good question, Sarah Cameron is coming tonight she'll bring a-" and john B was cut off by a very angry Kiara. "hold on, Sarah? wh- why Sarah?" she asked. woo believe me, you would've not ever wanted to be in John B's position right now.

"Sarah, um, she... she got me into the archives in Chapel Hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter." John B calmly replied. "you were in chapel hill with Sarah Cameron?" Kiara asked trying to keep her cool.

"he was macking on her" JJ said making the tension here even worse. I widened my eyes and looked at him like, what on earth is he doing? "i wasnt macki-"

"you were totally macking on her" JJ said. "you are not helping JJ" I told him kissing my teeth.

and then the fighting began. "yo what!? You let a Kook in on our secret? What about Pogue Lyfe?" John B then stated that he was only using her for information which we could say he was lying.

"look you don't know her yet. I do! you can't trust her" Kiara yelled I wanted to say something here because Sarah Cameron happens to be my friend and Kiara was shit talking on her and I couldn't just wait.

"her brother did hit me back in the golf club" pope stated reminding me about rafe Cameron.

"rafe and Sarah are two different human beings" john B said. "yeah, Rafe is just an ass. sarah is so much better than him" I said from the side, they all continued with their "fight" but I could feel JJ keeping his eyes on me. he knew something.

"what did she do to you, exactly?" JJ asked out of curiosity. "she's like a... like a spitting cobra." i was confused as hell "huh?" i asked. "she first blinds you and..and"

"wow this is a bad analogy" Pope said. "listen to me! whatever we get she's gonna take" Kiara said. "chill out Kiara, Sarah is not as bad as you are making her sound okay" I said receiving a eye roll as a reply from her.

+++++

we reached the place where we were supposed to meet Sarah. "Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight." John B said. I was lying my head on JJ's shoulder while playing with my fingers listening to the two of them bicker.

"i just don't understand why we are involving her at all" kie rolled her eyes. "we are not involving her kie! think of it like uh....a..business meeting"

"promise me nothings happening between you two?" she asked. I'm still kinda confused does she have something for john B or...? "nothing is happening between us kie" John B replied in a playful manner. "i'm being serious" she added. somewhere in their conversation I just got lost like I always do.

John B left the van. "Kiara, holding onto your grudge is like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die" Pope said making me chuckle in my half sleep. "JJ what happened to you at midsummers man" pope continued to make conversation.

"Rafe and Kelce, clearly had nothing to do there. they were just doing their usual shit" JJ said. I didn't feel like sleeping anymore after hearing that Rafe did something to JJ. "what did he do?" I asked and JJ jumped at the sound of my voice.

"I thought you were sleeping" JJ looked at me. "I thought I was asleep too" I said making them just as confused as I was. "so Rafe and kelce were followin-" "someone help!" i heard a voice yelling. "did you hear that" Kiara asked. I nodded and we heard it again. the second time we ran as fast as we could to see what had just happened.

when we reached the spot I saw Sarah Cameron crying over the body of John B.

im the happiest person ever right now I hit a 1K reads! so much love for you hotass readers🥵✋🏼