12. 𝐉𝐉'𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

Kayla's POV

"Kayla you are no longer leaving this house, do you hear me?" My grand mother yelled. I stayed in silence having told her everything that was onn my mind and yet getting yelled at.

"You know what, you remind me of your mother and look where that got her! She chased a pogue into that life and she is gone now" I knew at some point we were bound to fall into that topic. "I'm tired of this Kayla, I'm old now and I'm experienced and I know that leaving this house whenever you want is not gonna get you anywhere good." She said leaving me in the kitchen sitting there in silence.

"Your grandmother is right kayla" my grandfather walked in. "You too?" I muttered under my breath. "Yes me too, especially me more than your grandmother. You're mother ran off with that pogue and your doing the same. You would've been better off with the cameron boy" He said. I was hearing the same old thing over and over again.

"It's not JJ's fault that I keep going to the pogues grandpa" I yelled. "We are so close fo getting John B's name cleared." I cried. "That boy is gonna get himself a death penalty child! And if you keep going down that road you will too" He screamed at me as I ran up to my room tired of it. I get that all they were doing was looking out for me but it hurt that they still didn't learn from what happened to mom that the pogue life is never going to change.

JJ💌
Princess i need help
Kie and Pope are refusing :/
Let's get John B out

Princess
Im super down but
I'm on lockdown

JJ💌
Time to use the window ;)

Princess
JJ maybank
You read my mind.

I

put my phone in my pocket and looked down from my window, the jump leading to another side of the roof which I'd have to climb down again. 5 minutes later JJ came infront of my door dressed a white t-shirt and jeans with a toothpick in his mouth and headphones around his neck.

I climbed down and looked at him, "howdy partner" I laughed. "What's got you all dressed up" I asked. "Actually I need to change right now, finished phase one of my plan." I walked out with him looking around for his bike but not able to find it. "Where's our ride cowboy" I asked faking a southern accent. "Right....there" He said as we stood infront of an ambulance.

"There is no way that that's yours" I smiled looking at him and then the ambulance. "My cousin let me borrow it" he said smiling. "Cousin Ricky?" I asked him knowing sure as hell Ricky would never just give the ambulance. "You stole it didn't you" I asked him and he smiled guiltily. "Borrowed it"

JJ started removing his t-shirt and jeans. "Woah buddy, why are you stripping...not that I'm complaining but-" i soon realized he was changing into the white colour jumpsuit the EMT wore. He laughed at my realisation . "I will strip for you soon, just not today" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

He sat in the drivers seat as I sat opposite him, "what do we do now?" I asked him and he replied "we wait and see" he said driving next to the juvenile detention Hall and staying in a corner soon explaining to me how his plan was gonna work.

A cop came and started taking to us I slowly covering my face letting JJ do the talking and shockingly none of it was suspicious, soon we got  a call letting us know we had a patient waiting. "Let's roll" I whispered while JJ drove towards the spot.

Even though that specific cop wasn't sus, the other ones dropping off the patient was, "Where's Ricky" the nurse asked. "Ricky,uh... food poisoning" JJ said as I sat infront in the shotgun seat listening. "You know, uh, Ming Dynasty off of Highway 25?" They looked at JJ confused. " Them egg rolls, dude. Now, they'll get ya. They'll get you good." I sat there hoping they didn't find him the tiniest suspicious and to my luck they didn't really care. "Uh, so where's the patient at?"

As we hoped it would be John B to our dismay it wasn't instead a guy who had to get his next row of chemotherapy done for his stage 4 lymphoma. I sighed and could tell JJ was pretty confused as to where John B was too. "Oh, is that the only patient tonight there. Ma'am." JJ asked.

He asked them whether there was one with an appendicitis but that caused the nurse to now question JJ. "Where did you say you were from again?" She asked. "Dare county" JJ replied as fast as a flash of light. "JJ is that you?" The patient asked. "He's delusional as shit" JJ laughed. Soon coming up with lies after the other trying to get the key in the hole JJ opened the door to the back trying to leave as soon as possible. When the phone started ringing he took his time hoping it could be John B.

"Where's your partner" the woman asked and I held my breath. JJ looked confused. "Who's gonna take care of your patient if you're driving" She asked again. I took a huge breath and got down walking up to where they were. "Hi, I'm a trainee and they told me to come here instead of another partner and learn how it works and all." I smiled charmingly hoping that they would buy it.

"If I'm not wrong they said that the officer  could drive instead, yeah?" I asked and JJ nodded in agreement. "Yeah yeah they did" JJ added, the nurse and officer looked at each other but decided to go with it. The officer got onto the front seat as JJ and I put the patient up back and closed the doors sitting in there. "Ooh you save my ass there Kayla smith" JJ smiled soon realizing the situation we were in. "Guess my plan failed" He said as I took my phone out texting kiara.

Kayla
SOS!

I texted the address hoping they'd come both JJ and I holding our hands waiting. A few minutes later the ambulance stopped "She just got her license sorry" we heard pope's voice. both of us knew it was our shot to leave.  "Sorry" I muttered the the patient running out of there with JJ and getting into the vehicle where kie was driving.

"Im seriously not even gonna ask" kiara, clearly the mom of the group spoke scaring the shit out of me. "Sue me for busting the wrong guy out of jail, at least I was trying" JJ said rolling his eyes. "Yeah, sorry kie" I said afraid of pissing my best friend off.

"Why are you always doing shit?" Pope asked, "well, I'm going to jail anyways so.."

Here are some pretty pictures from these scenes, you're welcome.