16. 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐯𝐬 𝐉𝐉 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

Kayla's POV

Long story short, we took that drone we stole and found the shipwreck. But it was empty. So we're assuming someone beat us to it.

I woke up to some gunshots, looked around and made sure everything was in one piece. JJ was outside practicing shooting on a teddy bear.

"JJ" Pope yelled but JJ didn't hear him.
"What was that, that's what I thought" JJ said talking to himself while shooting the bear. Both the boys didnt seem to have noticed me listening to them.

"JJ" Pope screamed louder. "They know" Pope said. What do they know I thought to myself, what did the guys do this time

I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Chill bro, they don't know shit." JJ said attempting to calm Pope down.

"Topper knows I sunk his boat"

of course they didn't think it through before they did that. As usual the pogues start a war with the Kooks. But it hasnt been normal lately, never knowing when I will get caught.

JJ tried his best at calming Pope down and told him to 'deny deny deny'

We were going to watch a OBX movie tonight, John B had gone god knows where. I sat infront of JJ leaning my back on him. "We're on Kooklandia" Pope said looking around. "Shut up pope" JJ told him and he did so.

+++++

"Yall have anything to drink?" JJ asked. "Yeah holdup" I said putting my hand in my backpack and pulling out my middle finger. He didnt see that coming and his face was priceless. "I'm kidding, I got you a beer" I said giving him the bottle "that was a good one" he laughed. "I know" I said smiling.
He thanked me by pressing a kiss on my cheeks making my smile grow wider and blood rush to my cheeks.

Kie came back with two Pepsi's telling us about the small encounter she had with Rafe "tell your boy we know what he did" he said to kiara and she told us. She was confused but after what I heard this morning I knew what he was talking about.

I honestly thought he was going to change but he went back into the fights and I'm assuming the drugs aswell.

"Hey JJ I'm gonna go get myself something to eat you want anything else?" I asked him. "No not really princess, Be careful" he said when I left to the back.

Rafe was there.

"Hey kay, how are you?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes. "dont talk to me Rafe, I dont want to hear your fake apologies" he knew what I was talking about and his expressions changed. He looked angry, he grabbed me by the hand took me to a corner and slammed me against a wall of a small hut behind where no one was seen.

"Listen up kay, i dont know what you know but they are pogues okay. They always will be and they have their ways, you're different you're more like us and I have been trying so hard to get you to realize that but you're to busy being nice" he said angrily whispering the last sentence to my ear. I don't know what to do. He looked at me with anger in his eyes, or was it pain? but again I knew he would never harm me after everything he yells he fights but he will never raise his hand to hurt me.

He realized how uncomfortable i felt and let me go. "You hurt my friends Rafe " I spoke by voice cracking looking at his as he still hovered over me with our height difference.

He smashed his lips on mine before I could do anything, as much as i wanted to hate it

He smashed his lips on mine before I could do anything, as much as i wanted to hate it. I couldn't. That feeling I hadn't felt in so long, it was different it was not like JJ. It was Rafe before anything could happen I pushed him away and left. "You cant just leave me like that Kay, you and I feel the same when we are around each other it's different. I know you feel it too and I know you will be back in no time." I looked into his eyes but then just walked away.

He yelled "kayla" I ignored him and walked off. He wasnt lying about that feeling, I've tried to fight it but it was always there.

He came again pulled my hand, this time people could see " I'm sorry I hurt your friend is that what you wanted to hear. You want me and I want you and I have no idea what's stopping you from coming back to me and having the best life we could have" I looked him in the eye and to be honest I don't know, yes sometimes I think about being with him again but I like JJ now not him.

Do I like him? Still love him...I looked into his eyes and I knew if I stayed there longer it would cloud my judgement and I would go with him.

"don't. Touch. Me." I said pulling my hand away and walked back to the pogues and I knew Rafe was watching me so I sat on JJ's lap and kissed him. No one saw us besides Rafe, I could see Rafe scoff and walk away.

"We going public now?" JJ asked. "No just needed to do that" I smiled. " I saw rafe talking to you what did he say?" JJ asked concerned. " same thing he said to kie" I lied. JJ nodded and wrapped his hands around my waist.

I decided i was going to tell him about Rafe and I, he deserved to know.

"JJ I need to tell you something," I told him. "Shoot" he said eating some chips.

Before I could say anything Pope said he wanted to go to "wring it out" JJ went with him so that they wont get attacked by the kooks who really wanted to hurt them even more after what pope did to toppers boat.

Third person POV

The boys went behind the screen. By the time JJ realized he left the gun in his bag back where they were sitting the Kooks had already got to them.
"Not so burly without the gun are you"

JJ was pissed and replied. "Take one more step and I'll rip that prepubescent face of yours" the guys obviously didn't take the threat.

it was 2 against 3.

Pope and JJ vs Topper, Rafe and Kelce.

Then the first punch was thrown followed by a several more. JJ couldn't get his head around why Rafe kept hitting him but he brushed it off probably because Rafe wanted to look like a big man

Rafe said once before punching JJ "does it feel good after stealing my girl?" What the hell did he mean, JJ was confused.
That didn't stop him from fighting back they fought and fought and fought.

Kie and Kayla knew something was up kiara said she heard a sound from behind the screen so they ran there carrying the bag with the gun. The first thing Kayla saw was JJ and Rafe fighting and she ran to stop them. "Rafe stop it! Rafe!" she yelled pushing him away.

"Why? Is he not manly enough to fight for himself" Rafe yelled back. When kiara was trying to get Topper to stop hitting pope, kelce came this way and started punching JJ as well.

Kayla then started hitting kelce and Rafe pulled her away. She was just a short and tiny compared to rafe. "LET GO OF ME" kayla screamed. "Stop it kay!" rafe said holding her hands down.

She really dont want to hurt him but she couldn't watch JJ get beat up. She hit Rafe on his spot and ran towards JJ. She saw kie going towards the bag so she knew she had nothing to worry about when kiara set the screen on fire so everyone left before it got bad.

Kayla helped JJ up and took him back to the chateau.

The fire was huge and everyone was gone, once again the pogues managed to do something crazy enough for the entire obx to leave.