3. 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

Trigger warning; sexual assault.

Rafe and Kayla were lying on the bed silently, both in their own worlds. Not giving a shit about the world but as dark as the two of them were loved each others company. "Wanna do something?" Kayla said slowly sitting up with her elbows still lying on the bed as she looked at rafe who was staring at the ceiling. "Hmm what do you want" He asked looking at her.

"I don't know, a midnight adventure?" She said standing up and throwing on a jacket and Rafe looked at the girl not wanting to kill her mood, he sighed before standing up. "I have to warn you I might fall asleep" He said and kayla rolled her eyes. "If you're not going be the slightest bit enthusiastic Rafe I'm gonna leave you alone here to do nothing while I go find some other guy then" she said walking up to him. "I'm up, and wide awake" He said being possessive of kayla, not liking the thought of her and another guy.

The two slowly walked outside making sure they didn't wake anyone in the house. Rose and Ward were far from their room so it didn't matter really. Wandering the lonely nights streets the two of them went over to a bar. Holding each others hands like the cliché couples would. Walking into a bar the quiet calm noise from outside was soon forgotten, different people speaking from all corners of the place. Both of them went and sat near the bartender asking him to surprise them with whatever not really having any drink specific in mind.

One shady man came and sat near Kayla. A long beard covering most of his features and a cap on his head. He looked as if he had been kicked out of his house, as if he spent all his days in this bar. His hand slowly placed on her thigh. Kayla in disgust shoved his hand away and moved closer to Rafe who didn't notice what just happened.
"Well that was a bit rude now sugar" He said his voice exactly what his looks would have showed.

"Fuck off" she said causing Rafe to turn towards her and notice the commotion he slowly wrapped his hands around kayla. "Kay, was this man bothering you?" He asked dead set on the man. "He better know not to get on your bad side" she said and Rafe smiled devilishly. "That's right" rafe added and the man slowly walked away. Kayla was bummed for the rest of their moments there, she didn't want to be there anymore. She wasn't afraid or maybe she was but whatever it is she hated it. "Rafe can we go now" She asked Rafe who was in deep discussion with the bartender, kayla didn't pay much attention to what exactly they said.

"Yeah yeah, let's leave." He said standing up and taking his purse out of his pocket. Kayla's hands crossed around her chest she decided to wait outside because Rafe was taking awhile. Slowly making her way out she felt someone jump on her from behind. "Shhhh now" the man from the bar said as she tried to break from his grip while he covered her mouth shut. No one would've heard her as he took her towards a dark alley behind the bar. Kayla tried to hit him but noticed he had a knife in his other hand causing her to panic even more. "You don't want to make the wrong move now sugar, if you just calm a bit it'll hurt alot less." He said his other moving down her body she felt disgusted. "Don't scream" He said warning her after letting go of her mouth, kayla was shivering. She just hoped Rafe would walk out and come down there searching for her.

One of his hands slowly trying to creep up her shirt, nails digging in her skin as she whimpered. He made the mistake of leaving the knife down because he was so into using both his hands to torcher the girl. She tried to push him off. She felt useless she thought she was more powerful than this but the situation wasn't going to help her use the power. she didn't wait any longer, she didn't need anyone to save her. She wasn't some useless case. She used her legs to kick him from down under causing him to stumble backwards. As soon as he bent for the pain Kayla pulled the knife from down and pinned him up against the wall. The man was about to do horrible things to her and if he didn't succeed here he would've with another innocent girl. Kay smiled almost like the feeling of power was a drug to her. "Kayla!" She heard Rafe yell.

The man underestimated her but she held the knife onto his neck point upwards. "Don't scream" she repeated what he said to her and before the guy could, she heard the noise of blood splashing and that man was now lying on the floor lifeless. "Kay!" He said walking over and seeing kayla holding a knife infront of a dead body. Dropping it on the floor she realized what she did, her reaction is not what you would have thought it to be. "Sorry" she muttered and smiled again.

She walked over to Rafe who stood in shock. "Was he hurting you?" He said staring at the lifeless body. She nodded looking at the body. She wasn't breaking down or afraid of what she did even, she had no value for anyone's life. "You did that?" he asked and kayla nodded. Slowly, after a minute of silence realization hit or maybe his inner psycho walked on out. "Holy shit, maybe I did teach you well" He laughed moving up to her and hugging her tightly and she flinched because his hand held the bruise the man left on her. Slowly looking at her and back down he lifted her top showing a cut from the man's knife. "If you didn't do that, I would've" He said. "I mean I'm probably saving some other girl out there anyway" she said wiping her hands on her t-shirt. "You're okay right?" He asked her concerned, she looked up and smiled "never better"

Rafe trying to brainstorm how to hide the body. Kayla said that all they had to do was a little acting. Rafe furrowed his eyebrows, "watch this" She said taking her phone out dialling 9 1 1.

Murder #1, complete.

____________

Its only gonna be alot of Rafe for awhile, Jayla fans don't leave yet:)