19. 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

firstly, I want to say that every thing I found on schizophrenia I googled and that in doing the research it absolutely broke me to know that there are people in this world that actually go through this and my heart goes out to all of them. secondly, I love all of y'all so much for reading this book and commenting. Even though i might not reply sometimes I see all of it. creepy ik.

____________________________

Kayla's POV 

I woke up slowly and it took me a moment to remember the events leading me to this. I notice I no longer have my phone, looking around I try to understand what this environment I had been suddenly put in was but there was nothing to look at besides a tall roof with a camera on the corner and a red light beeping to show it was recording. The rest of the room was just white and almost like cushions. I could hit the walls hard but it wouldn't hurt me. Suddenly out of the blue I felt someone behind me. 

"how did you get here?" I asked JJ who was staring around the room just like me. "how did you?" he asked and I tried to remember and realized, Thea did this. I walked back and fell against the wall sitting and leaning my head backwards understanding where I was. "aren't you gonna scream and try to get out" He asked sitting next to me. "It's sound proof, they think I'm going to hurt myself. that's why there is nothing in here that I could use to do so" I said hitting my head against the wall behind me but feeling no pain as my head felt as if it hit a pillow. 

"why would they put you here?" JJ made a confused face as I slowly turned my head towards him. "Why are you here JJ? Thea put you upto this?" I ask him and he looked into my eyes, "You want me to be here don't you. I am amazing company" He said and I scoffed with a smile on my face. "you are" I added. As each second past by I began to realize things. "JJ how do you know thea?" I ask him trying to get an answer to my questions. "uhhhh, do you really want me to tell you that?" He asked and then I realized what he meant. "no not like that, How did she get you in here?" I asked him and he took a minute to reply. "I'm here because you want me here Kayla" He said and I looked at him, studied him. 

"tell me something I don't know" I asked him trying to understand what's going on, "yeah I don't think I really have enough brains to know thinks you don't" I sighed, "not like that, tell me where the pogues are, where y'all were before this? tell me how you got into Rafe's house, how you got into the hotel, how you were at the stream that day" I asked him and he answered. "I don't know" one side of my head began throbbing, I closed my eyes tight for a few seconds and opened them. I need a drug a small one something that didn't make me feel this pain.

"Princess you okay?" JJ asked me and I looked at him as he did me. I felt his touch I felt his hand on mine his small hugs but nothing more. He didn't have the answers to anything I didn't know. He would repeat the same thing again as a question form. Thea never admitted to helping him, Rafe never saw him. I never saw the pogues either, no one did. 

I'm in a room where they would store a lunatic, I fell for this whole nightmare. "You're a hallucination" I said looking at the boy with a sad smile as if I was trying to hide the fact that I was killing myself inside. My eyes were now glossier and my view was blurred but as the tear drop fall down my cheek i saw better, I saw the boy I loved and the boy who died, here as if he were real and at this moment I just wished I never figured it out. I wish I never figured out that JJ wasn't real. When I felt that touch, when I heard him say princess, when I finally thought he was there for me and didn't leave me like mom and dad did.

That calm feeling, that feeling that I still can have that life we wanted was all going and everything I was seeing in front of me was nothing but a punishment from God for everything I did. Those times I thought I heard noises in my head, the times Rafe would sit next to me and tell me everything was going to be okay. I failed to realize that I wasn't going to be okay and I thanked Thea for putting me in here, before I go and ruin more lives and hurt myself both physically and mentally. not that I won't attempt anything here but I deserve this.

"I'm not okay" I broke down my hands on my face as I didn't try to hold it in anymore. As screams and Cries of pain escaped my lips. If the prince never kissed snow white she would never be back, If the prince never saved rapunzel she'd be stuck up there for ever and if the prince didn't kiss his sleeping beauty she would never be woken. So here my story would end where my prince nor my knight would never climb that tower.

ha you fell for it, there's more lol

Third person POV. 

After thea had dropped Kayla in the place her friend who happens to study psychology got her put in a room with a camera so he could observe clearly and be able to diagnose her. Hours later when she did wake up He was soon called in to check. With him sat another nurse who watched as Kayla looked beside her with a smiling face while she spoke. "No one's there" The nurse stated the obvious of what he already noticed, "she's hallucinating" He spoke. Suddenly she hit her head against the wall but it didn't take an effect. "Can you play audio" He asked the tech guy and so he did. Into the room walked in Thea, "Jake I'm so sorry he is not going to stop until he sees her" She spoke taking deep breaths as if she had run in here. "let me talk to him. Keep an eye on her" He instructed the nurse there and she nodded. Thea stayed there in that room not wanting to follow Jake. 

 Outside Jake saw Rafe with his hands on his head as he looked around him. Patients being shifted from one building to another as if they were criminals that would pounce at the chance of eating someone's head off. Some people would seem as regular people only until you read their charts on why exactly they were in there. "Rafe, yeah?" Jake asked and he nodded, "Where is she? I need to take her." He said and Jake said calmly. "You can't take her. Not yet at least she is safer here Rafe" He said and Rafe aggressively shook his head. "No No No she is safe with me, I will keep her safe. Show me where she is" He pushed passed the boy and attempted going in. "You don't want to do that Rafe, You do notice that this place has everything to take you down before you even go near her right" He said and Rafe's jaw clenched. 

"Take me to see her, I just need to know she is okay" He said and Jake could hear how sad and scared he was so he nodded, "She won't know you're here but you can see her for a little while Rafe, I can't promise you anything else." Jake spoke walking towards the room they were in before with Rafe following from behind. As they stepped in Rafe looked at thea who sat staring at a screen and so his face turned towards what she was watching. 

"I'm not okay" he heard Kayla's voice break and he watched her on that screen as she broke down with her hands on her head and on this end he stood not knowing how he was going to save her from this nightmare.