Chapter 40- Mission Impossible

***Rachel's p.o.v***

"Does it hurt?" Freed asked me, holding my hands in his.

"A little. It's really just sore," I replied, flinching a little at his touch against the swollen skin.

After our talk, Freed wanted to make sure I was ok physically as well.

"We can have Wendy look at it when we get to the guild," Freed proposed, standing up. "We should get ready. I'll meet you downstairs," Freed says to me.

I nodded as I stood up as well, grabbing my stuff to get ready for the day. Freed left to get himself ready as I headed into the bathroom for a shower. After I finished, I summoned Prism while I got dressed and did my hair.

"You ok?" She asks me.

"I'm ok now. Just a little shook up, that's all. I'm glad Freed was there to help me," I replied, fixing up my hair.

"As am I. I'm sorry I couldn't help. I was afraid my spell would only make the situation worse," Prism hooted sadly.

I turned to her. "Prism, its not your fault. You being here with me now is enough," I reassured, bringing her in for a hug.

"Now come on. Let's go downstairs and put all this behind us," I said, heading down the stairs.

I got downstairs to see Freed by the door adjusting his coat.

"Rachel, Prism. Ready to go?" Freed asked.

"Yes, I just need to eat something," I replied.

Freed nodded. "I had just finished making breakfast. Its on the table. I was waiting for you to eat," Freed says walking over to the dining room table with Prism and I following close behind him.

We sat down and ate in relative silence before I asked, "Did you have any plans today Freed? I hope I didn't make you late for anything." It was about 10am now.

"No, your fine. The only thing I had planned for today was a mission with the Thunder Legion later. In fact, we were going to ask you to join us, but I'm afraid with everything that has happened, that plan is out," Freed replied.

"Mission? What was the mission?" I asked.

"It was to be security for a ball to catch and take out some people who have threatened the place," Freed answered.

"I would be happy to accompany you guys on this mission, no problem," I exclaimed.

Freed glances at me unsurely. "I don't think that's a good idea Rachel, after last night..." Freed trailed off.

"Trust me Freed. I'll be ok. Anything to get my mind off that memory would be good for me. Plus, this mission sounds easy, so it will be no problem. So, going out on a mission would be perfect for me," I reassured.

"Are you sure?" Freed asks worried.

"Positive," I reassured.

***Timeskip***

We arrived at the guild to have Wendy heal my bruised hands and meet up with Evergreen and Bickslow for our mission.

I hid my hands behind my back as to not draw attention as I followed behind Freed towards Wendy.

"Good morning Wendy, would you mind if we troubled you with something?" Freed asked her as I stood behind him sheepishly.

***Timeskip***

"Goodness Rachel! What happened?" Wendy exclaims, examining my bruised hands.

I was currently in the infirmary with Wendy, Freed behind me leaning against the wall.