Chapter 102 - Heaven's Truth

***Rachel's p.o.v***

I opened my eyes as I stared up into nothingness.

Blinking, I sat up and looked around.

"Prism!" I gasped as Prism shook awake beside me.

I smiled as she jumped into my arms as we captured each other in a hug. I smiled as I stood up, Prism flying to my shoulder as we glanced around with a frown.

"Where are we?" I questioned, looking around the endless white nothingness we were surrounded by.

"This isn't exactly what I imagined Heaven or Hell to look like," I muttered.

"That's because you're not dead," someone spoke up as we turned.

"At least, not yet," the man spoke as he revealed himself.

"Valenzula?!" I gasped, getting defensive.

"Not exactly," he spoke. "My name is Valentino, Valentino Medallia."

My stance didn't falter, "Changing your name doesn't change who you are."

'Valentino' frowned, "I suppose it would be hard for you to believe me. But the Valenzula you know isn't me, he is the entity created by a dark spirit possessing my body. The dark spirit known as Zulanza."

"Zulanza?" I questioned.

'Valentino' nodded, "Five hundred years ago, Zulanza was a powerful dark spirit that roamed the land, destroying countless lives in his quest for destruction. Mages of all kinds tried to stop him, but none of their magic affected him in the slightest and they were all quickly silenced. They soon figured out there was no way to destroy him, but eventually our ancestors figured out a different way to stop him. They gathered together a powerful group of mages and combined their magic to strip Zulanza of his body. They sacrificed their lives but, in the end, they succeeded, leaving Zulanza as a wandering husk of magic to roam the land. Unfortunately, what they didn't expect was for Zulanza to take over another's body and use it for his destruction. Although, even though Zulanza could obtain a new body, he no longer had the power or strength he once had as a spirit."

"Your grandmother Meredith and I set out to finish the job our ancestors had started. But when we found Zulanza we soon figured out how ill prepared we were. Zulanza ended up defeating us and he took over my body as his prize," 'Valentino' explained.

"I am Valentino Medallia, the man who got taken over by Zulanza, and the man that truly is your grandfather."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" I asked him unsure.

"See for yourself," Valentino spoke as he pointed to the floor.

I looked down before I gasped. The once white ground was now a window as it shown the guild and my friends fighting off a dark creature similar looking to Valenzula.

"What? No. That's– impossible. This– this can't be real," I gasped as I stared at the sight.

"I'm afraid it is. Right now, your friends are currently trying to fight back against Zulanza," Valentino stated.

"But how?" I questioned as I shook.

"We sealed him away. He shouldn't even be there," I questioned in shock.

"The spell you used banished an individual to another plane of existence. Zulanza used this to his advantage by having my soul banished while his remained behind," Valentino explained.

I covered my mouth as I watched the fight in shock.

"For Rachel," Ever voiced.

"And for Prism," Bickslow growled.