Chapter 91 - Fantasia

A/N: Sorry for so long of a wait, school has literally been killing me, so if you guys could comment anything at all it would really help me mentally right now. Don't worry I do plan on making it up to you guys with lots of updates this weekend! Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

***Rachel's p.o.v***

The oven dinged as I pulled out the final tray. Setting the tray down to cool, I moved back over to finish boxing up the cookies. I let out a sigh as I had finally placed the final box on top. I headed over and walked to the bathroom to get washed up once I had finished with the dishes.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I placed my hand over my now fixed eye, the memory of that day in the dungeon replaying in my mind before I thought back to several nights before.

***Flashback***

The sickening sound of flesh being torn apart rung through my ears at the burning sensation of a sword now piercing through my chest.

I woke up with a start, shaking violently at the still very clear memory. The whole memory felt too real as my stomach started twisting in unpleasant ways before I threw off the sheets and bolted into the bathroom. Just in time as I violently emptied out my dinner into the toilet.

Soon enough, I heard the quick padding of footsteps before someone gently pulled my hair back. Freed sat by my side, rubbing soothing circles on my back as I emptied out my stomach.

Lately, Freed's been doing nothing but nonstop research in the library as he's been trying to decipher the journal we acquired.

After I had finished, Freed stood up and wet a towel before sitting back down beside me, just in time to catch me as I shakily fell away from the toilet. My body shook as I panted, Freed lightly shushing away my whimpers as he cleaned me up.

Once my shaking stopped and my breathing returned to normal Freed finally spoke, "Better?"

I nodded, not having the energy to speak.

"Was it about what happened recently?" he asked.

I nodded.

Freed sighed, "I figured as much."

Freed stroked my hair as I saddened, "Just when I feel like I'm getting better, something happens, and I feel like I'm starting all over again."

"You have nothing to be ashamed of. We were just as scared as you, so don't worry. You'll recover, I'm sure of it. So come on, we both need some rest," Freed said as he gently carried me to bed.

But as we curled up under the sheets, I couldn't help but remember the way my magic changed that night and the growing fear I've been having of myself, now more than ever before.

***Flashback end***

I frowned as I stared down at my shaking hands.

A sudden knock at the door woke me from my reverie as I sighed, shaking away my thoughts before heading over to answer the door.

***Timeskip***

"Rachel are you alright?" Wendy asked in concern as we walked together to the guild.

I smiled softly, "I'm alright Wendy, thank you."

"You sure?" Wendy asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, I just got... a lot on my mind," I told her.

"Is it about your grandmother?" Wendy asked.

"Yeah... I have a lot of questions," I muttered, narrowing my eyes.