Chapter 69 - You're Not Fine

***Trigger Warning for this Chapter!***

***Laxus's p.o.v***

I groaned as girls swooned around me.

It's been six months since the guild had disbanded. After the guild disbanded the Thunder Legion and I joined Blue Pegasus for work until the guild comes back. Not exactly my kind of place though, but it was the best option.

The guild doors opened as Rachel walked in. I watched her walk past with a solemn look on her face.

I saddened a bit.

It's been seven months since it happened. Seven months since the battle against Valenzula.

Everything was looking well. Rachel was finally smiling again thanks to everyone in the guild. It took a while but once she was fully healed, Porlyusica finally gave her permission to take on missions again. She wasn't the same but who could blame her after what happened. Even though we don't know what happened. We haven't pushed her, but she still hasn't told us anything about what happened during that one week with Valenzula.

We didn't think much of it at first, I mean she was smiling and happy even with her never-ending nightmares. So, we didn't think we needed to know.

But then, then everything went downhill too fast.

We took an easy mission to start her off slow and that mission spiraled into everything else. Tartaros. Tartaros attacked us during our mission at the 8-island restaurant. We got poisoned.  Fairytail then went to war on Tartaros and then Fairytail disbanded.

Everything happened so fast. Too fast, we think, for her.

It hurt all of us when the guild disbanded, but she relied on the guild. The guild helped keep her sane after everything that had just happened.

At first, she reacted to it just like the rest of us. She was upset, but she wasn't more or less upset than the rest of us.

But as the months went by, it really started to show its toll on her.

She, like me always went out for training or took solo missions and was hardly at the guild. If she was, she usually did a night shift so none of us would hardly see her. Even Freed.

As time when by she slowly started to become colder and more distant. We tried to talk to her about it, but she would always wave us off saying 'I'm fine' and would go on a mission to get away.

We're really starting to get worried about her now, but... we don't know what to do.

Cause we know...

She's not fine.

***A few days later*** ***Rachel's p.o.v***

"Tch," I growled under my breath as I stormed back to Freed and I's place.

***Flashback***

"Spirit Wave!" I shouted knocking away the dark guild's goons from around me.

I turned towards the final boss, their guild master.

"Impressive. You aren't half ba-"

"Spirit Burst!" I shouted, cutting him off.

He smirked, waving his hand in front of him and absorbed my attack.

'An Absorption mage,' I thought to myself as I prepared for him to counterattack. 

But it never came.

The dark guildmaster widened his eyes. "My, I have never felt light magic or any magic like this before. Your magic is definitely something special," he said intrigued.