Chapter 14- Battle of the Fairies

***Rachel's p.o.v***

Today was the day of the Magnolia Harvest Festival, and the city is just bustling with festivity. I was heading towards the guild, when I spotted Juvia running over to me. "Rachel! Rachel! Are you heading over to the guild to compete in the Miss Fairytail contest too?" she asks.

"Contest? What kind of contest?" I question.

"The Miss Fairytail contest is a contest to see who is the prettiest female in all of Fairytail," Juvia explains as she and I walk together to the guildhall.

"Oh, that sounds cool, but I think I'll pass on participating," I say plainly.

"What!?! Why?" Juvia gasps.

"I'm not really one to show off, but I'll be routing for you! I'll even come backstage with you if you'd like," I explain.

Juvia nods her head in understanding saying, "Juvia understands and yes. Juvia would love it if Rachel came backstage with Juvia to root for her!" I nod, smiling happily.

***Timeskip***

"The long wait is finally over, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the one and only Miss Fairytail contest. Where your favorite fairies fight in a battle of beauty. I'm Max Alore, sand wizard extraordinaire and I'll be your host for this exciting event," Max announces to the guild filled crowd. "Now let's meet entry number one, the exciting beauty who will drink you under the table any day of the week, Cana Alberona!" Max announces.

"Well, your next Juvia! Good Luck! I know you'll knock them dead!" I encourage giving her a thumbs up.

"Juvia will do her best! For her beloved Gray!" she says determinedly. I give her one last thumbs up before she walks out on stage.

"On to entry number two. She may be new to the guild, but her magic is S-class, a radiant beauty in rain or shine, Juvia Locksar!" Max announces.

"Woohoo! Go Juvia!" I cheer.

"Sorry." I turn around at the sound of the voice and freeze at the sight of two glowing yellow-blue eyes . . .

***Timeskip***

I wake up in the guildhall, along with the other girls confused as to what happened. "Their all back to normal!" Natsu exclaims.

"What's going on?" I ask. Master comes up to us and explains what's been going on.

"He called it the Battle of Fairytail?" Lucy questions.

"Laxus outdid himself this time," Cana responds.

"At any rate it's over now, I played along with his foolish game, cause your lives were in danger, but I won't indulge him anymore," Master says strictly.

"Master, we can't let him get away with hurting our friends," Mira says softly.

"Yeah, she's right. If we don't teach Laxus a lesson then he'll never learn," Bisca yells.

I stay silent. 'What are they doing? I know they weren't very close to the other guild members . . . but . . . to go this far? I thought we were friends? To think, I was going to tell them . . . now- . . . now I guess I can't trust them after all . . . or anyone else in this guild,' I thought disappointed.

"Oooohhhhh, don't you worry, I'm gonna give that boy a punishment he'll never forget. He should know better. You can mess with me, but you can't mess with my guild," Master responds.

"Hey now, hold on a sec. I don't know about taking hostages, but I don't see any harm in finding out who's the strongest. I think we should keep the battle going. In the end, I bet he was just trying to have a little fun for the festival. Give him a break," Natsu exclaims.