Chapter 100 - You Promised You Wouldn't Leave Me

***Freed's p.o.v***

I stared in shock at the sight before me. My feet moved on their own as I passed Natsu and the others, barely hearing what they could be saying. Everything was now just a background hum; all I could hear was my own heart pounding in my ears.

The moment I reached her, I raised my hand to her cheek, shaking my head as I refused to believe what was happening before me.

"No. No no. Rachel no- what- this- this can't be- this can't be happening-" I choked out.

Rachel cut me off as she placed her hand on mine.

"Freed. It's okay," she smiled.

"No," I shook my head. "No, it's not. Why- how- we were winning- how- how did this-?"

"Prism and I used the last of our magic to seal him away. Valenzula had turned himself into an immortal spirit. It was the only way," Rachel explained.

I stared at her in shock as my breath shook.

She smiled before looking up at the sky, "Prism already went ahead. It won't be long till I join her."

I shook my head. "No! No, you can't! You just can't!" I yelled covering my face with my hands as I cried.

Fairytail and the others shook and cried from behind us at the sight. Even Laxus was crying.

My legs gave way as I fell to my knees.

Rachel kneeled in front of me as she pulled my head to her shoulder, "Everything will be alright. So don't cry. There's no need to be sad."

Natsu grinded his teeth. "But we are sad, don't you get it! You're our friend and we love you! We never wanna lose you! So, everything's not going to be alright because you won't be here with us!" Natsu cried out as tears streamed down his face.

Rachel stared at the others tears as she smiled.

Tears stream down my face before I grinded my teeth and slammed my hands to the ground. Magic glowed around Rachel as I shouted, "If it's magic you need, then I'll give you mine!"

"Freed..." Rachel whispered with a frown.

"I don't care if I no longer become a mage! Just don't leave us!" I shouted as I cried.

"Take my magic too!"

"Ours too!"

"And mine!"

Everyone held out their hands as they started sharing their magic in an attempt to save her.

"Please Rachel, you have to stay with us!" Ever shouted as she cried. "We have to go back to the guild together!"

Rachel widened her eyes at the sight.

Magic glowed and radiated around her but even still, she cried.

Rachel smiled sadly as she looked between all of us.

"I have to thank all of you. My life started out so terrible, I felt like giving up was the only way I could be happy. But then my life found its way to all of you. I made so many friends, and went on so many adventures. I laughed, I cried... All of you, you all taught me how to be happy, how to smile, and how to love the life before me," Rachel smiled.

"Then stay. You promised. You promised you wouldn't leave me," I cried.

"I know," she smiled. "And I never break my promises, right? I can see why, I never expected breaking one to hurt this much," she cried as she looked up at the sky.