Chapter 99 - Spirit vs Spirit

***Rachel's p.o.v***

"Rachel!" Freed called out alongside the others.

Valenzula roared, spreading his giant wings as he hovered in the sky above.

"Finally," he laughed.

"I've waited years for this day. Do you know why that is, Lotus?" Valenzula asked me as he leaned his giant head over his talons as they continued to crush me.

I only glared at him as I struggled to escape his grip.

"Because nothing can slay a spirit," he grinned evilly.

"And now, nothing can stop me!" He roared.

"What is that?" Lucy asked in a panic.

"Is that Valenzula?" Natsu gasped.

"Were we too late?" Erza gasped.

"Laxus, Freed! Ever, Bickslow! What happened?" Juvia asked as the guild ran over to them.

"We were too late, Valenzula destroyed his body and transformed himself into a spirit," Ever explained.

"And he took Rachel," Bickslow explained.

"We have to help her," Freed said staring up at the monster in the sky that was Valenzula.

"What about the other dark guild members?" Laxus asked.

"We defeated them all," Gajeel answered.

"Then the only one left is Valenzula," Laxus nodded.

"Then let's kick his butt!" Natsu roared. "Happy!"

"Aye sir!" Happy replied.

Natsu, Happy, Wendy, Carla, Gajeel, Lily, Ever, Freed, Bicks, Laxus, Mira, and Lisanna all flew into the air to attack while the others aided them from the ground.

"We have to be careful not to hit Rachel!" Carla exclaimed.

"Right!" Everyone agreed.

"Fire Dragon King Roar!" Natsu shouted as everyone released their attacks on Valenzula.

Valenzula roared in annoyance as he flapped his wings blowing everyone back before he charged up magic in his mouth and released it.

A dark beam of light shot from Valenzula's mouth blowing everyone away at the sheer force of the attack.

When he finished, the countryside was utterly destroyed by the attack.

I stared at the intense damage fearfully.

"That was as strong as Acnologia's breath attack," Gajeel muttered fearfully.

"One hit from that and we'd be dead," Lisanna uttered out fearfully.

"He's just as bad as Acnologia, if not worse. None of our attacks are affecting him," Mira muttered fearfully.

Natsu grinded his teeth. "We've got to keep trying!" Natsu roared.

Everyone charged again, flying around Valenzula like gnats as they tried attack after attack against him... but nothing was working.

"You insolent pests! You're nothing! Out of my way!" Valenzula roared as he released his lightning everywhere.

Everyone got hit as we all cried out in pain.

Everyone collapsed or crashed to the ground dizzy from the pain of his attack.

"Aaaaahhhh!" I cried out as Valenzula tightened his claws even more.

"You've been useful to get me to this point Lotus, but now I no longer need you. Goodbye my dear Lotus," Valenzula said to me before he closed his grip.