Chapter 87 - Vestiges

***Rachel's p.o.v***

I sighed for probably the fifteenth time as I closed the book I was reading.

"Would you cut that out," Prism scolded.

"I can't help it. I'm bored," I sighed.

Prism shook her head.

"Why did Freed have to go on a solo mission," I grumbled.

"Because he needs to make money to pay for our monthly bills," Prism reminded.

"I told him I could help," I pouted.

"Yeah, and by that you meant overworking yourself. Which would not only worry Freed, but worried Master and the others, leading Master and Mira to force you to have a day off today," Prism smirked.

I grumbled a blush.

"Honestly, you two are more alike than you realize," Prism stated, rolling her eyes.

My blush deepened in embarrassment.

"So I'm guessing those rune books didn't interest you?" Prism spoke up.

"No, I still don't understand a thing they are saying. I thought it might be interesting to learn, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have no idea how Freed can understand any of this," I replied placing the book down on the table in front of me.

"Well, he is practically a genius," Prism muttered flying off into the kitchen.

I chuckled, "That's for sure."

I suddenly heard the clicking of the door opening and turned to it.

"Speak of the de-"

A violent cough interrupted me as I gasped, "Oh my gosh Freed!"

Within seconds I had stood up and was at his side. "Oh my- sweet Mavis," I gasped at the sight of him.

Freed coughed again and I flinched when blood splattered against the floor. I sucked in a sharp breath looking closer at his wound and how much it was bleeding.

Blood dripped to the floor as Freed grumbled before looking tiredly at me, "I'm sorry, I-"

I snapped back up at him as I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder. "Seriously? That's what you're apologizing for? What am I going to do with you," I scolded as I let him over to the couch.

"Prism! I need my emergency med kit stat!" I called to her as I gently sat him on the couch.

Prism quickly flew up the stairs as I knelt on the ground beside Freed, getting a closer look at the wound on his side.

It was deep, but thankfully it didn't damage any fatal organs, just some tissue damage. Nothing I don't know how to fix.

Prism quickly returned, medical box in her talons as she quickly handed it to me.

"Prism I'm going to need-"

Prism handed me a towel, before I could even finish my sentence.

"Thank you Prism," I told her as I pressed the towel against his heavily bleeding side, Freed hissing as I did so.

Blood dripped from his wound onto the couch as he grumbled, "Dang it. Rachel I'm sor-"

"Freedrick Lucius Justine, if you worry one more time about you bloodying up the furniture rather than your own wounds, so help me, I will throw the couch out the window," I scolded aggressively as I tried to mix together herbs while applying pressure to his wound.