Chapter 13- A Helping Hand

A/N:I hope everyone is being safe with this virus. Enjoy the chapter!

***Rachel's p.o.v***

Since I just came from a mission and Freed won't be back for a few days, I decided to spend some time with Porlyusica. I arrived shortly at Porlyusica's place and knocked on the door.

Porlyusica opened the door and yelled, "What do you want you brats!?!" She then looks down, sees me and says, "Oh, its you. Come on in, if you must."

I follow her inside and shut the door behind me. "I apologize for my rudeness, there have been some brats who have been wandering around bothering me," Porlyusica apologizes.

I chuckle responding, "That makes sense, I was wondering what got you so worked up." I follow behind her to her desk where her medical supplies were located.

"I'm assuming you're here for some more lessons so today we will go over how to treat different kinds of poisons," Porlyusica says. I nod as we get to work.

***Timeskip***

After learning about poisons and the best way to treat them, I am currently learning how to make antidotes to poisons. As I am mixing together the herbs, I can feel myself starting to nod off a bit, when suddenly, "Rachel!" I jump in surprise at the call of my name and turn to Porlyusica, who was looking at me with a disappointed expression.

"Were you even listening to me?" Porlyusica snaps.

I shake my head responding, "No. Sorry. I was-"

"You didn't get any sleep last night again, did you?" she asks. I silently look down at my feet. "Sigh, I know you've had a rough past and that kind of past leaves scars, both mentally and physically, but you can't let that control your life now. No matter how many nightmares you have, you still need the proper amount of sleep to function. So, staying awake for the rest of the night after a nightmare is unhealthy! So, Cut. It. Out!" Porlyusica snaps hitting me in the head with her broom at the last few sentences.

I rub my head guiltily making no room to argue with her. She turns around continuing, "If you need to calm down after a nightmare do so by going on a walk or something. Just make sure you actually go back to bed. If you don't get enough sleep you could seriously endanger yourself on a mission, alright?"

I nod sheepishly. She sighs muttering, "Sometimes I don't know what to do with-" Bang!

We turn towards the door at the noise. Bang!

This time the noise was followed by soft giggles. I smirked at that.

"Damn brats," Porlyusica snaps grabbing her broom and heading towards the door.

I stop her saying, "Why don't you let me handle this."

***Porlyusica's p.o.v***

Rachel walks out the door and a few seconds later, she comes back in and I notice those brats screaming and crying running as fast as they could away from here. I look at Rachel and raise my eyebrow in question at her.

She notices, smirks and says, "Don't worry, I took care of them. They should leave you alone now. Don't worry though, they'll be fine," she says evilly. I smirk in response.

"Well then, let's get back to work. You still have a lot to learn," I say. She nods in response and we get back to work.

***Rachel's p.o.v***

After a long and tiring day working with Porlyusica, I head for home. Finally reaching my house, I unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Finally, I thought you'd never get home," a voice announces.

Surprised, I quickly fire a spirit burst towards the sound of the voice. "Gray!" I shout noticing it was him.

"Aargh, Rachel! What the heck was that for?" Gray asks, getting up from the ground.

"Geez Gray. Don't scare me like that," I say sighing in relief. "Sorry Gray, I didn't mean to attack you. What are you doing here anyway?" I ask.

"I heard from Natsu and Mira that your great at giving advice. So, I thought I would come to ask you about something that's been on my mind. Sorry about scaring you by the way," Gray says sheepishly.

"Sigh, its ok," I respond sitting on the couch, gesturing him to do the same.

"I should warn you though. Despite what the others say, I'm not that great at giving advice," I mentioned.

Gray chuckles, saying, "Well we'll see."

"So, what's been bothering you Gray?" I ask him seriously.

"Sigh, well, you see . . . it's about this girl . . ." Gray starts. Gray glances at me. "Its not about you! I mean I like you . . . AS A FRIEND! Not romantically . . . am I making any sense?" Gray panics, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

I giggle responding, "Yes Gray, I understand what you're saying. I don't feel that way for you either. You're my friend and no offense, but you strip too much for me to like you like that anyway."

"Heh-heh. Yeah, I can understand that," Gray responds relieved.

"Anyway, continue Gray," I urge.

"Yeah, so its about the new girl, Juvia," Gray starts.

'What's with everyone coming to me about girl problems?' I thought sweat dropping.

"She's following me everywhere and she's very clingy too. She's not a bad person, she's actually really nice and really strong, but well, I don't know. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I need some space. So, . . . I don't know. What do you think?" Gray asks.

"Sigh. Gray, have you ever thought about why Juvia loves you?" I ask him.

"I - . . . uhhh . . . No, I guess I didn't. I just accepted that, that was how she felt about me," Gray says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "Gray . . . Juvia loves you because you saved her," I respond softly.

"What!?!" Gray exclaims. "What are you talking about?" he asks.

I smile softly at him. "Juvia used to make it rain everywhere. At first, it was because she couldn't control her magic, but then it was because she wasn't happy. Her rain is connected to her emotions, so when she's sad or upset it rains. When you two first met, you were so kind to her it shocked her. It made her happy, and thanks to you, she got to see the sun. You saved her from her own sadness Gray. That's why she loves you. She's eternally grateful for your kindness," I explained with a smile.

"I guess I never thought about it that way," Gray responds.

"If she's too close, then just tell her. Be honest with her, she'll respect your space," I explain.

"Thanks Rachel, that really helped me clear my head," Gray replies.

"Of course, happy to help," I respond cheerfully.

"So . . . any ideas on how I can get rid of my stripping habit?" Gray jests.

"Sorry Gray, but that is beyond me. You're on your own for that one," I chuckle with my hands up in defense.

"Heh, well, it was worth a try," Gray shrugs. "Thanks again Rachel, you really are great at giving advice," Gray says standing up. I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Well, goodnight Rachel," Gray says as he leaves.

"Goodnight Gray," I respond back as Gray disappears. I yawn, locking the door and head to bed.

***Timeskip***

I scream jolting awake with a start. I panted, breathing hard with my head in my hands as I tried to calm myself down. I was here, in my room. Not in a cell, not being tortured.

Not being able to calm down, I move from the bed, deciding to skip sleep and train for the rest of the night.

Porlyusica's words suddenly echo through my head, 'If you need to calm down after a nightmare do so by going on a walk or something. Just make sure you actually go back to bed.'

I sigh, taking her advice and go out for a walk, before returning to bed.