Chapter 35 - Cosplay

A/N: Sorry I was late with this chapter. The picture took me a little longer to do than I thought and I was super busy with work this weekend. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!!!

***Rachel's p.o.v***

I shot up from the bed with a loud gasp, breathing hard as my body was once again ripped from its sleeping state. Panting hard, I sat up, wrapping my arms around myself in an attempt to stop trembling and calm myself down. I close my eyes and try to focus on my breathing. 'I'm in my room. Not in a cell. Geez, can't I go one night without a nightmare about him?!' I thought.

"Rachel?"

I nearly screamed at the sudden voice. I looked over noticing Freed standing by my door, glancing at me in concern. I forgot he was here.

"Freed. I'm sorry. I apologize for waking you," I breathed.

"Are you alright?" He asks me.

"I'm fine," I breathed out.

"No you're not. Your still experiencing anxiety," Freed points out, referring to my still rapid breathing.

I took a few deep breaths as Freed sat down beside me.

"I'm ok Freed. I can handle it on my own. I'm used to it. I'm sorry for waking you," I said to him.

Freed stares at me for a second before saying, "It's fine. You sure you're ok? I'm here if you need it. Do you want to talk about it?"

I opened my mouth to ask him to stay here, before closing it and shaking my head. "No, I'm fine Freed. I don't need your help," I responded turning away from him.

Freed looks a bit hurt as he sighs, standing up and heading out the door. "If you ever need anything, I'll be here for you," he says before he leaves.

After the door closes, I fall back down onto my pillow and bury my face into it.

A muffled sob escapes my lips as I silently cry. 'I can't except his help. This is my problem. Not his. No matter how much I want his help. I can't. I can't burden him with someone like me. Someone broken. Why? Why can't I deal with my own problems?' I thought as I cried myself to sleep.

***Freed's p.o.v***

I leaned against her door, listening to her muffled sobs.

'She's too afraid to let anyone help her. I just wish- I just wish I could hold her and tell her everything will be alright. But- ... I can't. She's not mine. And she never will be. I could never be good enough for her.'

***Timeskip***

I woke up to an unfamiliar room. 'Right. I'm staying at Rachel's place,' I thought standing up to get ready for the day.

As I was getting ready, I thought back to last night. I frowned at the memory and headed downstairs.

As I arrived downstairs, the front door opens to reveal Rachel coming in, in her training clothes.

As she closes the door and turns around, she jumps in shock at the sight of me.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to scare you," I muttered to her.

She sighs, her hand over her heart as she responds, "Its fine Freed. I just forgot your here now. That's all. It was my bad."

"Were you out training?" I questioned, noticing her attire.

"Yeah, I always come back from training at this hour. If you give me a few minutes to get ready, we can go out to get some breakfast and check on your things if you'd like. Then you can head to the guild while I do some shopping," Rachel proposes.