Chapter 103 - Eternal Promise

A/N: I'M BACK!!!! MORE INFO AT THE BOTTOM, ANYWAYS HERE WE GO!!!!!!

***Rachel's p.o.v***

My magic radiated down my hands as a diamond cut sword forged into my palms.

Holding the sword in front of me proudly, I stood my ground against the evil spirit Zulanza.

"In the name of my grandfather, I, Rachel Lotus Medallia, will strike you down once and for all! This I promise!" I shouted.

Zulanza grinded his teeth raising his hand to attack, "Tch, I'd like to see you-"

Slice!

I cut him off bolting over with a slice of my sword. Zulanza's eyes had widened as two of his fingers off of his left hand fell to the ground.

Everyone else also widened their eyes at the quick attack.

I quickly adjusted back into a defensive position as I pointed my sword in front of me. 'I missed. He moved away faster than I anticipated. I have to be aware of that,' I thought as I narrowed my eyes.

Zulanza held up his hand as he gazed at his missing fingers. "Impressive. I seem to not be able to regenerate. I assume this is your doing?" Zulanza questioned.

"I'm surprised," I started, narrowing my eyes. "Don't you recognize this sword?"

Zulanza gazed at the sword radiating in my hands before he widened his eyes a little.

"That was Valentino Medallia's sword," Zulanza spoke lowly.

"Seems like he left you with a parting gift, the sword forged to slay an immortal," Zulanza chuckled. "I am familiar, but even that sword has no effect on a spirit."

"Maybe not before, but now, when combined with my magic, it becomes something completely different. Something with the power to destroy every bit of your body and your magic. This is the sword of a Spirit Slayer!" I declared my magic radiating in response.

Zulanza smirked evilly, "Foolish girl, you shouldn't have told me that."

"Not true, because I want you to remember exactly who it is that slays you, Zulanza," I darkened in rage.

"Then bring it on little girl!" He roared.

The ground cracked beneath my feet before I bolted forward. I swung my sword as hard as I could, the ground behind exploding at the impact.

I gasped in surprise as Zulanza had stopped my attack with his own sword.

I widened my eyes. No, that wasn't his sword. Zulanza had stolen one of Erza's swords from the battlefield and concealed it with his magic. Zulanza knew my sword would have cut through his magic, so he used Erza's instead.

"I don't care what that bastard gave you, second chance or not, I will make sure it was all in vain," Zulanza growled.

"YOU CAN TRY!" I yelled before we both blasted each other back with our blades and charged once more.

The clashing of metal and magic rang through the air as Zulanza and I swung our blades powerfully against each other.

"Compress your power into the sword itself, not in your slashes. Let the sword become an extension of yourself just like the rest of your magic. You have the power to end Zulanza once and for all, now show him what your made of!" Grandfather voiced through my head.

Tsk-sshhh!

Our magic exploded at another harsh impact as Zulanza and I increased our speeds, swinging relentlessly against one another.