Chapter 73 - A Friendly Visit

***Rachel's p.o.v***

"A present huh?" I pondered to myself as I stared out the window of the moving train.

***Flashback***

Finally gathering everything I needed for my little trip, I opened the door to be surprised to see Laxus there as he was about to knock on the door himself.

"Oh, hey Rae," Laxus said surprised.

"Hey Laxus, what's up? Do you need anything?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I was going to ask Freed about something. Have you seen him?" Laxus asked.

"Oh, sorry Laxus, but Freed is out of town today, he said something about checking out another library about some runes and maybe seeing if he could find anything out about my magic while he was there. He probably won't be back until later," I explained.

"I see. Ever and Bicks?" Laxus questioned.

"I haven't seen them, they are probably out doing their own things today," I answered.

"Well alright... where are you two headed?" Laxus asked, noticing my bag.

"I think I might have an idea about where I can learn more about my magic. So Prism and I are heading to Sabertooth," I smiled as I closed the door behind me.

Laxus smiled, "Well, I won't be in your way, tell me if you find out anything."

"I will!" I smiled as we headed out.

"Oh wait, Rae!" Laxus called as I turned back to him.

"I thought I should remind you; Freed's birthday is coming up soon," Laxus reminded.

I gasped. "Oh yeah! Thanks for the early reminder Laxus," I said to him.

Laxus scratched the back of his head, "Yeah, I felt like I owed you one after the last year."

"Yeah, telling me on the day of was not very helpful," I grumbled to him.

"Yeah, we were busy ourselves and forgot to tell you," Laxus sweat dropped.

I grumbled.

"Anyway, good luck Rae," Laxus smiled as he waved.

"Thanks," I waved as we left.

***Flashback end***

"What in the world can I get him Prism?" I questioned as I came up blank.

"I'm sure he'll love anything you get him," Prism reminded.

"I know! That's the problem!" I groaned.

"I want to get him something special. He's done so much for me I want to show him how much I appreciate it all. I want to be a good girlfriend and get him something that will blow him away!" I explained to her.

"But I can't think of anything!" I explained with a groan.

Prism chuckled, "Well, they do say it's the thought that counts. I'm sure you'll think of something."

I sighed, "Yeah... Oh! Looks like our stop. We'll have to think of a present for Freed later. Let's go!"

***Timeskip***

"What in the world is going on here?" I questioned as we approached the Sabertooth guildhall.

***Sting's p.o.v***

I growled against the barrier.

"Let her go!" I shouted through the barrier at the man holding Yukino hostage.