Chapter 49- New Arrangements

***Rachel's p.o.v***

"I don't think I can do this!" I exclaimed in a panic, running my hands through my hair as I paced back and forth.

Porlyusica and Prism shared a look.

I was at Porlyusica's hut for a visit. We were talking causally before Porlyusica asked what was bothering me.

After trying to fake it, like nothing was wrong, I exploded.

Dang it, I hate it how mothers just know you so well sometimes.

"I just don't know what to do! I've never had a boyfriend before! I don't know how to proceed, but I don't want to let him down! Freed's done so much for me and is still willing to do more to help me, but me?! I don't know! I feel like I'm using him! I don't want that! And the dark guilds! What if something happens! What if I don't come back! What if-"

"Rachel!" Porlyusica yelled over top of me.

It wasn't until then that I noticed the tears streaming down my face.

I fell back into a chair behind me with a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried. If something happens and I don't come back, I'm worried he will blame himself. That's why I didn't want to tell him before. I was planning on waiting until this was all over before I would tell him. Now... now I just don't know what I'm going to do. I want to be the best girlfriend I can to him, as much as he is to me. I want to show him how much I care, but I just don't know how to proceed, and with Valenzula... I'm worried I won't get a chance, and I'll only end up hurting him," I muttered with my head in my hands.

Porlyusica sighs. "Child, no one may know what's going to happen, but no matter what happens, that guild will never give up on you, especially him. They will fight as hard as they can to protect you and even if you do get captured, there's no way they won't do everything in their power to get you back. As for him blaming himself? He and the rest of the guild would do that anyway if you died, and you better not die," Porlyusica said sternly.

I chuckled.

"As for your relationship with Freed? I approve of him. He's the only decent one among that guild of brats," Porlyusica muttered.

I laughed.

"But if you want to do something with him, and he reciprocates, then go ahead. No one can tell you how fast is too fast, except for you two. Take your time and get to know him better, and if you're ready for the next step, don't let anything stop you. Whether it's a big step or a little step, take that step, because taking it will make you happy. It's also perfectly fine to tell him if you're not ready for something, so don't feel like you're obligated if he initiates anything. He seems like a real gentleman, so I doubt he'll try to force anything on you, but if he does... I'll have to bring my broom over there and kill him."

I giggled, looking up at her. "So, if it feels right do it?" I asked her.

She chuckled with a nod, "Just do what you think is right, and quit your worrying. Your wasting time that you can be using to be happy."

I smiled, standing up and giving her a hug, "Thanks Mom."

"Anytime dear."

***Timeskip***

"Rachel!" Evergreen called from her table with Bickslow and Laxus.

I walked over to them tray in hand. I was currently helping out Mira at the bar since it was super busy at the moment, too busy for Mira and Kinana alone to handle. So I'm helping them out at the moment.