Chapter 29- Protecting You

A/N: Sorry for the long wait but here it is, enjoy the chapter!

***Freed's p.o.v***

I was walking through a forest on my way back to Magnolia from my mission. The trains were currently out of commission, so I had to take a route through the forest to get back to Magnolia. Suddenly, I paused hearing a loud crash, sounding like a bunch of trees had collapsed. Wondering what was going on, I headed over to investigate. I arrived at the source of the noise to see a bunch of fallen trees. I noticed I wasn't alone, seeing a large group of people inside the circle of fallen trees. Wondering what was going on, I hid behind a tree to listen.

"Good work boys. Master is going to be quite proud of us," A man (who I assumed is the leader of the group) spoke.

'What are they...' My thoughts were interrupted as my eyes widened in shock as the leader used his magic to lift up a beaten-up body covered in blood and many wounds.

My magic pulsed and my inner demon screamed as my blood boiled recognizing the magenta jacket on the body.

***Scurge's p.o.v***

I smirked and satisfaction holding up Medallia's bloody broken body with my magic. I smirked holding her body out in front of me as if it's a prize, as I muttered to it, "You're going to get me a nice reward for your capture Miss-"

I'm suddenly thrown back by a huge force.

I groaned sitting up and noticing my guild was also thrown back as well. I looked back to see what it was that hit me and widened my eyes at the sight.

There, right in front of me, was a demon, holding onto the girl's body like a lifeline, and glaring back at us and what could only be described as pure unadulterated rage.

I shivered in fear at the glare for a sec before I collected myself and stood back up to order my guild.

"Blackened Mind attac-" I'm cut off by the demon's mighty roar before it charges.

My guild attacks back, but our attacks are relatively useless as they bounce off of it. I try to use my magic to grab onto the demon, but it's too fast as it demolishes my guild relentlessly. I tried to read the demons mind, to predict its movements and widened my eyes when I ended up drawing a blank, only feeling the demon's rage. The demon then heads towards me as I'm frozen in fear of this monster's rage. 

***Master's p.o.v***

The guild was relatively quiet today with the usual chatter within the guild before the guild doors burst open.

"Wendy!" Someone shouted.

I looked up from my spot-on top of the bar and widened my eyes in fear at the sight before me. In front of the guild doors was a frantic blood covered looking Freed holding a beaten bloody unrecognizable body. When I looked close enough, I recognized the magenta jacket the body was wearing and widened my eyes in both fear and anger.

"Jet, get Porlyusica now!" I commanded as Jet runs out the door. While Freed runs up the stairs to the infirmary with little Wendy quickly following behind him.

The rest of the guild, who was also just as concerned, stood up to help when I stop them. "Everyone stay calm and stay here. You'll only do more harm than good if you crowd around the infirmary," I ordered as they all sat back down worried.

I headed up to the infirmary and entered to see Freed beside the infirmary bed, behind Wendy as she worked her healing magic on Rachel.

Porlyusica rushes in and gasps at the sight. "What happened?" She asks sternly glancing around at all of us, as she moves towards Rachel.