Chapter 3 - The Thunder Legion

***Laxus' p.o.v***

My team and I are currently walking into the train station. It's 6:59am and the newbie is nowhere to be found. "Alright, where is she?" I ask.

"It seems she decided not to come," Freed responds. 

"We didn't need her anyway," Evergreen replies, flipping open her fan. 

"Yeah, no need for a cowardly weakling," Bickslow says, his babies repeating, "Weakling, weakling."

"Hey now, I take the effort to come here early to impress you all and this is how you thank me?" a voice announces. We turn around but don't find the source of the voice. The voice giggles and we look up to see Rachel there, sitting on top of the station clock. She smiles, waves and hops down in front of us. "Now that were all here, lets go!" Rachel says, walking ahead of us. We follow her, grabbing our tickets, and board the train.

***Timeskip***           ***Freed's p.o.v***

We've been on the train for a few minutes heading towards our destination. The train car has been relatively silent aside from Laxus' occasional grumbling from his motion sickness. Evergreen, Bickslow and I have been silently chatting, while Rachel has been staring out the window. "So, Rachel, how long were you waiting for us," I ask.

"About an hour," she responds, turning to face us. We all stare at her shocked.

"Why were you there so early?" Evergreen asks.

"I always wake up naturally at that time," she responds, shrugging.

"Hey kid, what's with those scars on your wrists?" Bickslow asks, pointing to her wrists. I glance at her wrists and notice she has small cuts along her wrist line. 

A sad look crosses her face. "I'd rather not talk about it. It happened a long time ago anyway," she responds softly, glancing at her wrists. 

'I wonder what happened,' I thought to myself.

"By the way... what is this mission anyway? Mira didn't tell me anything," Rachel asks, looking back at us. 

"There's apparently a Dark Guild terrorizing a small town," Bickslow replies. 

"The town doesn't really house any powerful wizards, so they contacted the guilds for help," Evergreen continues. 

"Apparently, this is an extremely dangerous guild too. A couple other guilds have tried, but failed to capture them and had to retreat," I explain. 

"There guildhall hasn't even been located, but its suspected to be in the forest near the town," Bickslow says. 

"There is a rumor that their guildhall might be cloaked by magic," Evergreen responds. 

"We are also the last team to attempt to complete this mission before it becomes an S-class mission," I say darkly. "So, it is imperative that we complete this mission," I finish. Rachel nods in understanding.

Laxus grunts again in pain. "What's wrong Laxus?" Rachel asks. Laxus grunts and says, "Nothing, I'm fine."

"Clearly you're not. Tell me what's wrong, I might be able to help you. I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong," Rachel explains crossing her arms at him. Laxus glares darkly at her. We all shudder at that, but Rachel doesn't even flinch. She just stares back at him raising her eyebrow.

"Fine! I have motion sickness," Laxus yells, before covering his mouth and huddling back into himself. Our jaws just drop, Laxus give in to Rachel! She got him to confess what was wrong?!?

Rachel giggles. "Now, was that so hard. Now that you told me what's wrong, I can do something to help you," She says, digging through her bag for something. She pulls out some herbs, grinds them and mixes them together. She then proceeds to hand the mixture to Laxus. Laxus looks at it questionably before Rachel says, "its medicine for the motion sickness. It doesn't last long, but it will help." Laxus looks at Rachel again for reassurance, to at which Rachel responds with a smile and nod, before taking the mixture and eating it. Laxus makes a face of disgust before he swallows it. "It tastes disgusting," Laxus says. "But it will help," Rachel responds.

"So!" Rachel announces. "What kind of magic do you guys use? I use Light magic and Hidden eye magic!" Rachel excitedly says. 

"I use Seith magic along with my Figure eyes," Bickslow responds. 

"I use Fairy magic along with my Stone eyes," Evergreen replies. 

"I use Dark Écriture along with my rune magic," I explain. 

Rachel glances over at Laxus to at which he grunts out, "Lightning magic," in response. 

"You guys have some pretty cool magic. I think this mission might be interesting after all," Rachel happily says.

A/N: Sorry this chapters a little boring, I promise the next chapter will be more interesting!

Please tell me what you think in the comments, I would love to hear your feedback. Tap the star if you like the story!