Chapter 12- New Friends

***Rachel's p.o.v***

I am currently walking back to the guildhall on my own to report back to Master Makarov about the mission. Laxus and the Thunder Legion looked pretty exhausted, so I told them to go home and rest while I report to Master. They tried to argue, saying how I was just as tired as they were, but I reassured them since I had to go to the guildhall anyway.

I got to the guildhall and noticed that the guildhall seemed to look a little different than last time. Opening the doors and walking past the guilds usual fight, I headed over to the bar. Mira sees me and waves me over. "Welcome back Rachel! How was your mission?" Mira asks.

"It was difficult, but we got through it. Do you know where Master is, Mira?" I ask.

"Master's in his office. Where's Laxus and the Thunder Legion?" Mira asks.

"They were exhausted, so I told them to head home and I would report to Master. I'm going to head up and see Master. See you later Mira," I said with a wave.

Mira waves back as I walk up towards Master Makarov's office. I knock on the door hearing a soft, 'Come in,' before I head in. Master Makarov looks up from his desk and says, "Ah Rachel, welcome back. How did the mission go?"

***Timeskip*** ***After explanation***

"I see. Well, I'm glad you all made it home safe," Master replies.

I nod saying, "We're pretty bruised up and a couple of us have mild concussions from being thrown into walls, but other than that we're ok." Master nods as I turn to leave. "Oh, and Master one more thing. Could you not mention Freed's magic to anybody? I don't think he's comfortable about everyone knowing about it. At least, not yet," I say to him.

Master smiles and says, "Of course child. Oh, and while your downstairs, why don't you go meet our two newest members."

I chuckle before responding, "Don't worry Master, I will." I exit Master's office and head downstairs to Mira. "Hey Mira. I heard we have two new members. Do you know where they are? I would like to meet them," I ask.

"Yeah Rachel, there right over there. The one with the metal piercings and the blue-haired girl," she responds.

I thank Mira and head over to the metal piercings guy and sit across from him. He looks up at me angrily before muttering, "What do you want?"

"Hi, my names Rachel. What's your name?" I ask.

"Tch," he responds, continuing to eat.

I sweat drop. 'Why is every guy in this guild so stubborn?' I thought. I then notice that he seems to be eating . . . nails?

"Hey, are you a dragon slayer?" I question. He looks back at me. "You're eating nails and since that's not something people can normally eat; I can assume you're a dragon slayer of metal or something. Since Natsu is a fire dragon slayer and can eat fire," I explain.

He looks surprised and says, "You're a pretty observant kid, you know that?" he exclaims.

I blush saying, "Thanks, I-"

"Gajeel."

"Huh?" I say looking at him in surprise.

"Gajeel, you asked my name, my name is Gajeel. And yes, I am a dragon slayer, an Iron dragon slayer to be specific," Gajeel says.

I smile chatting with Gajeel for a bit. In the end, we became friends and parted ways as Gajeel headed out for a mission. Looking around I spot the blue-haired girl and walk over to meet her. She sees me approaching her and I say, "Hello there, I heard you're a new member. My name is Rachel. What's yours?"