Chapter Fifty-Two: Travel Plans

12th of March 1534 - Palace of Whitehall

"It is my intention to go on progress with the Queen this summer, it has been some time since I have travelled my Kingdom," Henry announced with a smile, the last few years had made it difficult for him to do such a thing especially when he was trying to free himself from Katherine but now things were different. 

It was high time that the people of his country got to see him again and it was time that they got to see their new Queen; it had been three years since he had remarried and in that time they had not travelled far. 

"I intend to show the people how strong their royal family is now that there are no traitors in our mist," Henry continued knowing that it would be good for them, perhaps it would even restore the passion between him and Anne. 

Things between them had been notably cooler since she had lost their last child, he would not deny that he had been disappointed but Charles had reminded him that Anne had provided him with two healthy heirs to the throne already. 

Alexander and Elizabeth were perfect, every letter that came from the royal nursery run by Lady Margaret Bryan was filled with such wonderful news of their children's achievements. 

It made Henry ever so pleased with their royal children that would do him such credit, they would be the jewels of Christendom and he looked forward to any other children that Anne might give him. 

"That is a splendid idea, Your Majesty," Thomas Audley stated knowing that it would certainly boost the morale of the common people with everything that was going on right now. 

Parliament had recently passed the Act for the Submission of the Clergy, requiring churchmen to submit to the king, and forbidding the publication of ecclesiastical laws without royal permission. 

Perhaps a royal progress would sooth the people and reassure them that despite the changes in religion in England all would be well; they were breaking away from the corruption in Rome led by the Pope himself.

After everything that had happened with Katherine, her lies about her virginity and the fact that her nephew had captured the Pope to force a verdict in his loyal aunt's favour had not been forgotten. 

"We shall compile a list of nobles to house the royal court on your progress," Thomas Cromwell agreed with a nod of his head, he was most certain that things would work out and there would be many that would jump at the chance to host the royal court. 

Of course, they would need time to prepare for such a thing and it was no easy feat to host royalty in one's home; there would no doubt be families that the King would seek to stay with to show favour. 

Sitting back in his chair, Thomas Boleyn smiled at such a notion knowing that it would be a good way to show the country how strong not only the royal family was but the Boleyns were. 

The family were well connected and the embracing of their extended kin had strengthened Anne's position; she could weather any attack from any front. 

Seymour and Howard cousins benefitted alongside the Boleyns, they would do what the Woodvilles had done before but they would be smarter than the Woodville Queen had been. 

Anne had already done better than the King's Grandmother had, she had given him a son on the first try and she seemed to have learnt her lesson about complaining about the King and his desires. 

Of course, only time would tell if she would be able to control herself when he truly took a mistress; it would do her no good to protest and throw her tantrums that might harm herself or any child that she might carry.