Chapter Nineteen: Wedding Celebrations

15th of March 1531 - London, England

"I have decided to grant you the Palace of Beaulieu in celebration of your marriage," Henry announced having put much thought into the wedding gift for the man that would be his brother soon. 

He had thought long and hard about the decision and it seemed fitting especially considering his impending marriage to Anne; he wanted everything to be perfect and he wanted his new in-laws to be most comfortable. 

The Palace of Beaulieu had originally belonged to the Duke of Wiltshire before he had sold it to the crown back in £1,000 and Henry felt it was only right now to return the place to the Boleyns now that he was marrying Anne. 

"I don't know what to say, Your Majesty," George stated a little stunned, he had lived at Grimston Manor for many years now and it had been his home since he had married his first wife. 

The place held memories of his first marriage and the constant complaints that had come from Jane Parker because she found it a down step from where her parents lived. 

"It is the least I can do. I have no brother of my own anymore, God called him to his side and I should hope that we could be brothers after I marry Anne," Henry stated looking towards his beloved. 

Arthur had been a constant thought on his mind as of late, especially when it came to thinking of his doomed marriage to his brother's widow. 

He had very nearly brought about the end of the Tudor reign and Henry could not help but fear what would have happened if he died; he had no legitimate son and any daughter he produced would be ruled by her husband. 

He had been a second son and if it weren't for Arthur's untimely death then he would not have become King of England; he feared that his lack of male heir would lead to another war like the Cousin's War. 

"I should imagine so, Your Majesty," George stated not sure what to make of that, he didn't know the King like Anne did and he did not wish to say something that might upset him. 

He had no brothers himself since he and his sisters were his parents only surviving children and George could not say he knew what it was like to lose a brother like the King had. 

"Henry," he insisted patting George on the back, if they were to be brothers then it would not do for them to be so formal; Henry had done what he could to make sure that Anne's family were treated well.

Her father was now Duke of Wiltshire, her brother was Duke of Bedford and had been given a fine match in the form of Clarice de' Medici; there was only her sister Mary who had yet to benefit from Anne's rise to power. 

But that would certainly be dealt with in time, William Carey had passed away leaving her with two young children to care for; in time Henry would make sure that she was married well. 

"I trust you shall treat the Duchess of Bedford with much respect," Henry asked of him, the marriage between George and Clarice did not just tie the Medici family to the Boleyns via marriage. 

The Pope's actions had led to the siblings turning against him and away from their French royal cousin and instead they had found themselves the entire of English court since they had arrived. 

Henry wanted no reason for them to turn against him, he had made sure that Ippolito was ennobled and held offices that completely suited a man of his talents; he was the grandson of the famed Lorenzo de' Medici. 

A man who was a powerful and enthusiastic patron of Renaissance, something that Henry wished to bring here to England; especially with everything that was happening right now.