Chapter Fourteen: Marriage Talks

25th of January 1531 - London, England

"What do you think?" Anne asked showing off the designs for her wedding dress, a smile on her face pleased with it and knowing that this would be the wedding of the year; she had heard that Henry was sparing no expense on their wedding. 

He wanted it to be the day that marked a new age in England, she would be his Queen and everything would be perfect; they would usher in a new era for England together. 

"It looks beautiful," Clarice told her, she had never seen anything like it before and she was sure that Anne would look like a Queen on her wedding day; the designs were grand and she would be a vision. 

No one would be able to doubt that she was Henry's Queen, he had chosen her and there was nothing that anyone could say that would change his mind on the fact. 

"How is your brother?" Anne questioned having not seen Clarice's brother around, she couldn't quite recall when she'd last seen especially given his new position on Henry's council. 

He had been rewarded rather well for his actions and turning on the Pope, it was sure to have annoyed many especially since Ippolito had been naught but a bastard even if he bore his father's noble name. 

"He's gone to Ragley Hall to get settled," Clarice replied doubting that her brother would remain there for long, he was like their father and she could not see him staying away from his new duties. 

He was determined to leave the Medici mark on England and do great things, she wouldn't have been surprised if her hand in marriage hadn't been something that had already been courted. 

"He talks about making our family great again. Making roots here that will see the Medici apart of England like they are in Florence. He wishes to be a great man like our Grandfather," Clarice told Anne, she rolled her eyes recalling the exchange that she and her brother had shared before he had went away. 

His thoughts had moved forward to the next step, marriages for the both of them to secure them to England and to protect their interests; it was no secret that their every move was being watched. 

Right now, they held the King's favour and that was a good start but it would not sustain their weak house against all attacks; it was time to link themselves in marriage for the sake of their family.

They would need good matches to old English families like their families had always done, their father had married the younger daughter of the former Duke of Savoy; many men in their family had married women from higher ranking families. 

"He sounds ambitious. It might serve him well here at court," Anne mused knowing that her family had risen high because of ambitious; never had she imagined that she might one day be Queen of England. 

When this had all first started, it had been to denounce Wolsey and remove him from power; she might have made a good mistress but she had found herself slowly falling for Henry. 

"Perhaps. He means well but I fear just who he might decide to marry me off too," Clarice whispered moving towards the window, she had no idea who her brother might decide upon for her hand. 

It would be an adventurous match and Clarice had no doubts that it would cement their family to England; she imagined that it would be some rich Duke that she was married to. 

Setting down the design for her wedding dress, Anne walked over to Clarice and stared at her for a moment; her eyes searching her face for a moment not saying a word. 

There was not much that Anne could do about Ippolito's decision to marry his sister off, he would make the decisions that he deemed necessary and would ensure that she was married off into the comfortable life with a notable title.