2

FEARLESS | ii.
"The road down that path is a dangerous one, if you go too far there's no way back."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"So, what are you now, his spy?" Reyna asked Octavia as the two walked out of the Polis tower.

"Something like that." Octavia shrugged, "Kane wants me to keep him informed about the possible enemies of the King."

"You're spying for Roan then?" Reyna scoffed.

"Well, not exactly." Octavia answered, "I'm part of Kane's security detail. We have to keep Roan on the throne so Skaikru is safe."

Reyna joined Octavia who led her to a bar. Both of them ordered a drink and sat down on one of the tables with the hoods of their black capes up.

As Reyna sipped on her drink she carefully eyed the Trishanakru members who were having a meeting.

"The King protects Skaikru. Why?"A boy form Trishanakru asked the others who sat with him.

"Because he is their puppet, Ilian." Rafael responded, "And anyone who protects the people who did this are as guilty as they are. Roan of Azgeda will hear me." He said, "As your new ambassador I have the right to challenge him. Single combat."

"I want justice, Skaikru did this, not the king." Ilian told him.

"Do you want revenge for your family, or not? When Trishanakru controls Polis you will have it. I promise when the King's head falls, Skaikru falls with it."

"What about Jusheda?" One of them asked Rafael.

"She has not declared on which side she's on." Rafael shook his head as he took a sip of his drink, "We've seen the heads of Azgeda's members, it was her."

"How do you know?" Ilian asked.

"She painted their faces with her warpaint, with her blood." Rafael informed, "This morning they found some parts of the bodies she butchered, she made them suffer before they died."

"Are you saying that she doesn't accept Roan's rule?" Ilian questioned.

"Her actions have shown that she doesn't." Rafael told them, "If Jusheda doesn't support the king's rule, why should we?" He glanced around with his eyebrows raised.

Reyna and Octavia looked at each other and then they both nodded their heads and headed off back to the tower.

"He plans to kill Roan." Octavia told her.

"Obviously." Reyna shrugged, "This doesn't bring any good, if Roan dies, Skaikru dies with him."

Once they informed Kane about the information they overheard, all three of them started walking to the throne room.