14

FEARLESS | xiv.
"Maybe life should be about more than just surviving."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

By nightfall the army made it close to the Mountain. Reyna walked with Talia on her right side and Cago on her left. They all stopped walking when Lexa commanded. The army settled outside of veil's range and camped there. They were waiting for Raven's signal that the fog was disabled, and then they could attack.

Reyna walked around and made her way to Octavia who was sitting beside a fire. Reyna sat beside her and her eyes focused on the fire ahead of her.

"Do you think it's weird?" Reyna broke the silence. "This whole thing with Clarke and Lexa getting away just before the missile hit Tondc."

"Where did you see them?" Octavia asked suspiciously.

"We crossed paths with them when I was going back to the village after training with Cago, they told me I had to come with them but they wouldn't tell me why, they still haven't." Reyna huffed and Octavia nodded. "But the two of them got away just in time, that can't be a coincidence."

"I know." Octavia responded. "Clarke knew about it, and Lexa did too."

"I can't believe they would do that." Reyna huffed, her eyes trailing to the ground.

"Clarke left both of us to die, she didn't even bother telling us." Octavia growled and Reyna's gaze hardened. The two of them noticed Clarke walking out of Lexa's tent before she made her way over to them.

The blonde girl sat on the log in front of them and looked at them with confusion as they glared at her with deadly stares on their faces, the warpaint making both of them look more intimidating.

"Everything okay?" Clarke asked.

"We've been going over it and over it, just trying to figure out how you're still alive." Octavia spoke and Clarke furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" Clarke asked.

"How did you get away just before the missile hit Tondc?" Reyna questioned. "You and Lexa just disappeared and somehow happened to survive. Do you really think the two of us are that stupid to believe that nothing happened?"

"Tell me you didn't know it was coming." Octavia growled and Clarke looked down.

"Octavia.." Clarke sighed and Reyna clenched her fists as she stood up along with Octavia.