7

FEARLESS | vii.
"There's still hope, Reyna, there's light in the darkness."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna failed.

Failed to keep herself balanced, anchored. There was no spark of life in her eyes, not anymore. Just darkness that was threatening to consume her from inside out.

Wild.
Dangerous.

Like fire in the dry season, shifting with the wind, consuming everything in its path, her thirst for vengeance insatiable.

Lost.

That's how she was ever since Lexa took her last breath. But worse was yet to come. She had to fall before she could rise.

Reyna's eyes bore into the wall ahead, as her fingers gently combed through Octavia's hair. She had drifted off to sleep a while ago, Reyna couldn't. She sat in the darkness, alone with her thoughts and her mind. The voices screamed, but she kept herself composed.

Her chest rose and fell, breath somewhat faster than normal.  Her eyes flickered down to Octavia, who peacefully laid on her lap.

They were a match made in hell.
A hell their lives became.
A hell that would unleash upon the world.

"We fight together."
"If you fall, I fall with you."
"Together...always."

Reyna broke her.
Ilian killed her.

He wasn't a monster. Reyna knew that. He wasn't like the others, he wasn't like her. Monsters did things, not because they had to, but because they could. They chose dark, while the dark chose Reyna. She never had a choice.

Ilian saved them both, only to sentence them to die. His need for vengeance had been sated, while Reyna's only grew.

She watched Octavia's chest move up and down, while she waited for something to happen.

Growing restless beyond measure, Reyna quietly and cautiously moved from under Octavia, and down to her shaky legs. Once on the floor, she turned to walk away, only looking back for a few moments before she left the room.

The lights were dimly lighting up the hallways, or what was left of them. Reyna walked alone through the ship, until she came to the exit, where she made a stop. Her eyes flickered up to the sky, where the clouds covered the sun that was slowly making its way up.

She could see small droplets or rain falling down, she could see it in the puddles around the camp.

Birds weren't singing songs, the crowds that had circled were long gone, no insects made sounds. It was quiet outside, too quiet even for the crack of dawn.