20

FEARLESS | xx.
"I think I will always want you."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It felt like as if only a minute or two had passed when Reyna shook to the feeling of a gentle and soft hand cupping the back of her neck, pulling her up into a sitting position.

She jerked awake, her hand instinctively reaching to the dagger in her belt, but a hand clasped around her wrist to stop her. She almost screamed from the pain she felt in the lower part of her back due to the stab wound. Reyna's eyes adjusted to the brightness and focused on an unknown woman's face towering over her.

"You're safe now." The woman told her with her soothing tone. Reyna immediately thought that she was captured by those who had been after her.

She yanked away from the woman, but the woman held her in place and reached for a water bottle that she then guided up to her lips.

"Drink." She told her, tilting the bottle up to give Reyna easier access to the water. Reyna reluctantly obeyed and took a few sips.

"Good." The woman added and Reyna looked around. She noticed that she was in a beautiful room, there was an open balcony with soft white curtains over the windows. There were white candles lit around the room adding a comforting feeling.

The bed she was on was bigger than the ones she had seen before, the covers and the soft furs were white, the pillows were fluffy and soft. In the room, there were some wooden shelves filled with various old books.

Reyna tried to sit up against the headboard of the bed but she felt the pain in her lower back increase causing her to groan in pain. The woman lifted her shirt and looked at the bandaged stab wound noticing that there was blood seeping through.

"It's bleeding, I have to change the bandages." The woman told Reyna before she started slowly taking off the bandage trying not to hurt her.

"What's your name?" Reyna asked and the woman looked up with a friendly smile.

"Astoria." She answered and Reyna smiled slightly.

"It's a beautiful name." Reyna said but winced in pain when Astoria started cleaning her wound.

"Where am I?" Reyna asked and Astoria glanced at her for a second releasing a sigh.

"I'm not supposed to tell you."

"You will or I'll have to make you." Reyna threatened but Astoria didn't give in, "How did I get here?"