12

FEARLESS | xii.
"Yu gonplei ste odon"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The whole group somehow packed into the rover, barely fitting on the seats inside. Bellamy was driving with Clarke on the passenger seat while Reyna sat in the back beside Octavia and Sinclair. Both of them squishing her from each side.

Raven sat across her, flipping through the pages of Becca's journal in admiration, "Becca's journal is amazing. At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year, she had to lock up A.L.I.E. because her answer for what was wrong with the world was 'too many people'. She was 27 when it launched the bombs."

Clarke shifted in her seat so she could face the group in the back, "What did she write about the Flame?"

"A.L.I.E. 2.0. She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first. Altered her genes so her body wouldn't reject the implant."

"Bekka Pramheda, the first Commander. The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?" Clarke asked Raven who nodded in response, "Yeah."

"How did you know that?" Octavia questioned.

"Nightblood. That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access A.L.I.E. 2..."

"She can tell us how to stop A.L.I.E. 1." Reyna finished her sentence.

"Bekka Pramheda gets her second shot at atonement." Sinclair muttered.

"Get back to the mind pathway. If A.L.I.E. uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance my mom's still alive." Monty looked down as he said that.

"That depends on your definition of 'alive'." Reyna leaned back in her seat and Monty blinked a few times when he heard her words.

"Eyes sharp. Weapons hot. We're almost home." Bellamy said from the drivers seat before he pulled his radio out, "Miller, come in." The radio gave no response, "Harper, you there? Your ride's two minutes out."

A few long moments of silence passed over the air before Reyna muttered, "Great start."

༄༄༄

Eventually they arrived at Arkadia. Reyna didn't feel anything but annoyance. Unlike Clarke she had no intention of saving the Ark.

She was simply following and helping them to have a reason to keep going. Reyna was not stupid. She didn't jump at the cliff but she wasn't so sure if she would do the same if there was another chance. Her body and mind were tired. Pain was eating her up and the lack of reason to live was horrible.