4

FEARLESS | iv.
"If you fall, I fall with you."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna walked through the busy Polis street in long silent strokes, black clothes and black gear on, almost equally to the dark clouds that covered the morning sky above her.

She had to glance back every now and then, to make sure nobody was following her. It became dangerous for her to be in the capital. Mainly because she had Azgeda tracking her every step and every move she made.

She knew they had spies on her, to inform the King of her whereabouts. It turned out Indra was right when she told her that fighting in the combat would be a mistake. Reyna realized that now. Realized that she made another mistake.

The rules changed. She knew she made mistakes. Mistakes she thought she could run from. She was an enemy to the King. And now, her mistakes were bound to undo her. She carried her mistakes on her back, all mistakes she made in the past.

What you carry, it weights you down.

It's why she wanted to be alone. To leave. She was exceptional. She didn't belong. Not with the Sky people. Not in Polis. The world may not have a place for her anymore.

She could only trust herself. So her trust could only be in her weapons. The weapons she would protect herself with.

A loud, gruesome scream brought her out of her thoughts. She turned her head in the direction the sound came from. She saw an older woman being dragged away by Azgeda guards.

Reyna didn't know what the woman did. Still, she felt pity for her. Pity for such a weak person to be imprisoned or even worse. But Reyna couldn't do anything about, she wouldn't even try. Her mind was set on her own survival, above anyone else's.

She continued moving through a smaller street in a steady pace, head kept low in a manner to not be recognized.

When she found herself in from of the location she was heading for she raised her head and nodded towards one of the guards. Immediately recognizing her, the guard opened the door of the bar she was familiar with.

It was the only bar in Polis that wasn't occupied with Azgeda. This one was the only one where Azgeda wasn't welcome. Where they would get killed for even trying to enter because Trikru and Azgeda were rivals. Always were and alway would be.

Her eyes scanned around the room, until they settled on Kane who was sitting in the back by himself, tapping his fingers against the table impatiently.

Reyna started walking over to his table, knowing that he was awaiting her. Early in the morning he has sent a guard to inform her that he wanted to have a word. She didn't know what he wanted to talk about, but from the look on his face it was clearly important.

She caught his attention by pulling the chair away from the table so she could take a seat. Her hard stare was set on him, trying to read him.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Reyna asked as she folded her arms on the table.

Kane sighed quietly, "Abby may have found the solution for keeping the human race alive."