11

FEARLESS | xi.
"We should just open the doors and
let everyone in that damn mountain burn."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The harsh banging on the door of her room woke Reyna up, she gasped and sat up quickly but the banging didn't stop.

"Who is it?" Reyna shouted in frustration and the door opened revealing Talia who stood at her he doorframe and walked inside with her usual annoyed expression on her face.

"Get up." She demanded. "You're coming with me." She threw some daggers on her table.

"Where are we going?" Reyna asked and Talia sighed.

"You'll see." She told Reyna. "Sit." Talia motioned for Reyna to sit on a chair. As Reyna got up, the pain from the fight yesterday kicked in. The wounds scattered all over her body ached, but she didn't let it show. She just obeyed and sat down as Talia took out a small circular box.

"What's that?" Reyna asked and Talia raised an eyebrow.

"If you want to be one of us, you have to look like one of us." She replied and started applying the black paint around Reyna's eyes. When she was done she left the black paint in Reyna's room.

"Get your weapons." Talia told her with a hardened expression on her face.

Reyna took her sword and her daggers, she put her jacket on and the two of them walked out. Reyna sighed through her clenched teeth as they headed for the exit. They passed a cluster of guards, each of whom sent them glared. Reyna suppressed her need to shout at them.

"Where are we going?" Reyna asked after they passed the guards.

"Heda ordered me to train with you while we're in this camp." Talia replied shortly and Reyna nodded in comprehension as they walked past the gates and into the woods around the camp.

They came to a clearing and Talia stopped to look at Reyna while unsheathing her sword. Reyna followed her actions and did the same, not wanting to give Talia an advantage.

Reyna didn't waste another second before she charged at the girl. They went round and round, both warriors blocking every swing of their opponent's sword.

Reyna charged with force and managed to cut Talia's arm before Talia expertly maneuvered behind her and sent her to the ground causing Reyna to cough.