12

FEARLESS | xii.
"We'll rebuild the world."

┏━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━┛

The situation in the bunker was a mess. It had been ever since Skaikru came inside. The other clans had all pronounced their survivors, leaving only Skaikru to do so. Reyna had made it clear that they would not all survive, but it was on Jaha to tell them the news. Her patience was running out and the delay he was making made it harder to keep calm.

She stood in the office, palms pressed against the desk, eyes laid upon the blueprints sprawled before her. The muffled murmurs of the worried people came from outside of the room. She could hear the Sky people shouting as the Trikru warriors pushed them all inside the rotunda, where Jaha would deliver the news.

22 hours. 22 hours until the death wave came to destroy the world. The minutes that passed felt way longer, but the time was running out. The Sky people had yet to make a decision, the decision she demanded they make in 6 hours.

They still hadn't, and she hoped they weren't concocting some kind of a plan that kept all of them alive, not caring about the others. She knew them, knew how twisted Jaha could be when it came to survival of his people. But there wasn't time to play games anymore. No time to save everyone. People had to die, Reyna accepted that, the others accepted that. They accepted that the sacrifice had to be made, so that the human kind could live. But she knew Jaha wasn't going down easily, he always made the survival of his people his first priority, no matter who got hurt in the process, no matter how many lives were lost. He would ensure their survival.

Except now, he was not in charge, she was. And Reyna wouldn't allow him to win, not anymore. She had sent Adria to spy on them, give her back information if she overheard anything about a plan that might be in making. If Jaha was doing what Reyna thought he was, she would be prepared. The Trikru warriors listened to her, they listened to Indra, if anything had to be done, she would have them do it. If she had to leave all Sky people to burn outside, then she would. She would show them no mercy. It was their choice, they would follow or they would die. And Reyna knew that Jaha wasn't stupid enough to let all of them die. He was smarter than that.

So if he didn't try something now, he sure will once the door is sealed, and they wouldn't be able to open it. Would it be attempting to take charge over everyone? Killing both her and Octavia? Reyna didn't know, but she was certain that he wouldn't just follow the two of them for the next five years.

A light knock against the door pulled her out of her thoughts. She raised her head, eyes traveling away from the blueprints to the door that was slowly opening, revealing Indra. The older woman walked in, closing the door after. Then moving to stand on the other side of the table without saying a word. Her eyes stayed on the blueprints for a bit, then met Reyna's narrowed ones.