13

FEARLESS | xiii.
"There's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now. We need to pack what we can and run."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It was long past dark, and the hundred were still building defenses. Everywhere gunners stood guard, scanning the woods for threats as Bellamy supervised the laying of landmines. He mapped the fuel as Raven and Jasper buried one nearby.

Reyna was watching the woods with a rifle held tightly in her hands. She heard the leaves crunching behind, not bothering to turn around, she let out a long breath. The person behind her sighed and made his way to stand beside her. She turned her head away from the dark woods and focused her eyes on Bellamy.

"What do you want?" She asked frustrated.

"I just wanted to apologize." He started. "I know how much you want to go to look for them, and trust me I do too." Bellamy added.

"If you want to go so bad, why the hell are we still here?" She huffed in annoyance.

"Because we can't lose anyone else, Reyna." He answered. "We need to keep everyone in camp, as long as possible until we know for sure it's safe to go look for Clarke and Finn."

"Why don't you just let me?" She questioned as she turned her face towards Bellamy. "I can go alone, I know how to take care of myself."

"I can't let you go out there right now, it's too dangerous." He said and took a deep breath as he did. Reyna scowled and turned her head away from him.

"Fine, but if they don't show up soon, you won't be able to stop me from leaving." She sighed and he nodded in response.

Suddenly the sound of a gunshot echoed through the air, making everyone flinch and look around to try and spot the shooter.

Sterling who had been on watch had fired the gunshot on accident. Bellamy quickly made his way over to him and grabbed him roughly by the collar of his worn out jacket.

"Hey... What the hell is the matter with you?" He shouted in his face. Fear was visible in Sterling's eyes.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Sterling replied before Bellamy let him go.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." He shouted again to the delinquents who were close to them.

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia told him.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up!" He shouted to the delinquents around them who were finally understanding the seriousness of the situation they were in. "The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" He inhaled sharply, "Get back to work!"