12

FEARLESS | xii.
"Everyone who was responsible for this is gonna die, and I'm gonna make sure of that."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The journey to Tondc was not a long one. But due to the rain they had to make a few stops that made their trek extend. When they approached the gates it was still dark outside.

The moon was in slowly making its way down, the light from the stars extinguishing gradually. Still Reyna gazed at the night sky most of their walk, finding comfort in the vast midnight blue duvet that enclosed around her.

The pure black of the night was her comfort, the blanket of generous velvet that kept her safe. It was the pure black that made the moon so beautiful, that made a stage for her to stand upon. It was the pure black of the night that gave the stars their beauty, and in her heart is safe, her soul serene.

She followed the moonlit path with the others until they reached Tondc.

Lexa awaited their arrival, flanked by two guards. Her stare locked with Reyna's as soon as she saw the girl emerge from the shadows of the lush trees.

"Reyna, I'm glad you decided to come back." Lexa shot her a small smile which Reyna returned.

"It's nice to see you again, Lexa." Reyna told her as she shifted her gaze and looked around noticing some new tents in the village.

"Which one would you like?" Lexa asked. "I had them prepared for you and Octavia, so you can have a place to sleep while you're here."

"It doesn't really matter, I'll take whichever one." Reyna shrugged.

"We could share a tent." Octavia added. "I'm sure your warriors need them more then we do."

"You are warriors too, and warriors need to rest for the fights that are about to come." Lexa told them.

After a discussion with Lexa about the tents, Reyna and Octavia decided to share one, not wanting to take more space than they already had. 

Morning came quickly, and Reyna awoke to the song of birds hidden in the trees and the sounds of villagers conversing outside the tent. After she woke up Octavia, they both prepared themselves for their trainings and went separate ways.

The village seemed to be full of life in the morning hours. Even after the horrifying event that occurred just two weeks ago, the people didn't let the dark snuff out the light. The children ran around, playing and laughing amongst themselves. Some of the elders were sitting around, enjoying the morning air and the fierce warriors sharpening their weapons by their tents. The families shared the freshly cooked food, while the hunters started rode off into the forest.